Sims 4 won't update

by ClaireRobinson13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection issues for OS X 10.10 Yosemite users

[ Edited ]

There is currently an issue for those running Yosemite trying to download their games. There is a sticky thread in the Origin forum here but I thought it prudent to have one here too for those posting in the Mac forum. EA are aware of the issue.

If you are experiencing Origin connectivity issues and are running Yosemite on your Mac, please download and run the legacy version of the Origin client which you can find here - https://www.dm.origin.com/mac/download/legacy.

As @fl1pp3rr has pointed outyou must make sure you uncheck the option to automatically update Origin and your games during the installation process:

Origin updates.png

It would also be a good idea to manually trash your current Origin cache and preference files before installing the legacy version.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 33 of 70 (4,095 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't download my already purchased game.

This has now been fixed in Origin. Make sure your Origin client is up to date if you are still experiencing this issue in Yosemite.

AHQSigImage.png

View in thread

Message 70 of 70 (2,916 Views)

All Replies

Can't install The Sims 4

★★ Novice

Hello, hoping to receive some help as I feel that I've tried everything and have gotten absolutely nowhere.

So, I decided the other day to purchase a stuff pack for The Sims 4, it was the Toddler Stuff pack. Bought the add on, transaction went through but when I went to origin to try and install it, it was not registering that I had actually bought it. I would then click on it to pretend to buy it again but a message would pop up saying 'you already own this item'. Ok, great but it won't let me install it.

I have removed origin and reinstalled it two times.

I play on a Mac, so I even updated my software thinking that maybe that was also the issue.

I have also tried all troubleshooting options when you go and delete all the Download Caches, still no luck.

Stupid me also deleted The Sims 4 from my computer thinking I'd have to delete it all and reinstall everything again. However once I did that I don't have the option to go back and reinstall the game now.

Can anyone help me out with this or has had something like this happen to them? I am going out of my mind and I just want to play Sims. Frown

Thank you

Message 1 of 70 (4,296 Views)

Re: Can't install The Sims 4

[ Edited ]

@SimsplyObsessed

Let's try and fix the base game issue first. What happens when you try to launch the game from the game icon in your Applications folder? Is it still there?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 70 (4,262 Views)

Re: Can't install The Sims 4

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I had it installed to my external hard drive so the icon I would click to play from there is gone. So it’s not in my Applications folder either 

However its still appearing in my library in Origin, but when I click on that it says “Game Details” no option shows up to install anything at all. 

Message 3 of 70 (4,244 Views)

can’t download origin client on mac

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

i bought 2 expansion packs for sims 4 in mac. i got a conformation email with instructions on how to install the packs. i followed the directions and went to download “origin client” which did not work so i was unable to install my packs. i looked everywhere online for answers on why it wasn’t working. i have enough space, 10.10 yosemite. i don’t know what else to do because i wasted $60 and i’m very upset 

Message 4 of 70 (4,171 Views)

Sims 4 won't update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been trying to update my sims 4 game for weeks now and I don't know what to try next. 

My game is still playable but when I try to update it or even repair it, it come up with a download error which says "We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later." 

My Internet connection is 100% fine. 

I have made sure I have enough storage space for the update, I have taken out my mods and custom content, I have tried updating in safe mode and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Origin. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Standard smile 

Message 5 of 70 (4,152 Views)

sims 4 won’t update

★★★ Newbie

so i was going around on the gallery to look for a lounge in newcrest and i found one but i couldn’t download it because it said i had to update my game , so i went to origin to update the game and it didn’t work , after that i read somewhere that i should repair the game and did so but every time it’s verifying the files it won’t go any further it says “Download Error : we’re sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection,or try again later” , any advice is helpful thanks . i’m on a macbook pro

Message 6 of 70 (4,170 Views)

Re: sims 4 won’t update

@matthewgperry

Please could you download the legacy version of Origin as stated in the solution in this thread - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Origin-Connection-and-Library-Issues/m-p/8...

This is currently a known issue on some Macs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 70 (4,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i will try it later as i am in a different time zone , i live on the canary’s , i will reply to your post again as soon as i try it

Message 8 of 70 (4,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank u so much it’s working if anything goes wrong i will answer again 🤦🏼‍♂️

Message 9 of 70 (4,147 Views)