❗️ [NEEDS SAVES] [WORKAROUND] game/Mac freezes on Mac with M1 chip

by silverstream896

Original Post

Re: Compatible with Apple M1 Chip?

@PsyBeesley

Here's the direct link to download Origin https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/download

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 700 (11,269 Views)

Message 12 of 700 (11,263 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thanks, I tried the nosound thing in Origins and then offline. No crashing.
Message 13 of 700 (11,240 Views)

@benedictestjerne

That's really great to know that it's working. If you have a minute after playing it would be great to know how the performance is Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 700 (11,226 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Got new laptop today and tried running the Sims 4 but it did not work. Hopefully it gets updated
Message 15 of 700 (11,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@silverstream896Hi, I just received my MacBook Air M1 8GB 512 SSD (8 CPU & 8 GPU) today. I installed origin and all my sims packs/expansions in 10 minutes and 32 seconds and about 45 seconds of that was "verifying" the sims 4 base game. It was super fast and easy. I was prompted to install rosetta for origin.

The only content/packs I don't own are:
- Snowy Escape
- Eco Lifestyle
- Star Wars
- Nifty Knitting
- Moschino Stuff
- Spooky Stuff

Currently I've had the game running in the background for over an hour and have been browsing the web and downloading apps with no speed issues or lag whatsoever. The bottom of the computer is a little warm to the touch, but definitely not hot.

Also the game was automatically installed and running at "high" settings and its awesome, really happy to not have to have all my games and large programmes on a hard drive now! 

Message 16 of 700 (11,087 Views)

★ Novice

was it running pretty fast or was it lagging?

Message 17 of 700 (11,084 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow you are awesome!! Thank you for such a detailed reply (and thank you everyone for the responses).

Message 18 of 700 (11,077 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just got my M1 MacBook Pro and the game crashes every 5 min but also crashes my computer too and I just got it. I don’t think The Sims 4 is meant for the M1. I’m ready to return it bc it worked so much better on my 2015 MacBook Air

Message 19 of 700 (11,060 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Haha well, it was working great and super fast (faster than my iMac) however I just went to "detail edit" some eyes and it crashed. Computer rebooted and reloaded the game in about 25 seconds though! Either its not ready for M1 or its to do with the stability issues that come up on the main screen. I haven't played for months so I'm only referring to the notification that comes up and have no actual knowledge of if that would have anything to do with it.

Message 20 of 700 (11,047 Views)