Re: Cheat console won't open

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Cheat console won't open

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cheat console doesn't open.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing Frown I can't open the cheat console, I've repaired the game, reinstalled it, removed my mods, everything. It's always worked before but since the update the cheat console won't open. (On another note, I can also no longer place objects off the grid)
What do you expect to see? the cheat console opening up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the latest patch.

Ever since the latest patch, I can no longer Open the cheat console no matter what. I've removed the mods and repaired the game, but nothing is happening. 
i also can't place objects off the grid 

Message 2 of 5 (311 Views)

Cheat console doesn't open and objects can't be moved off the grid

★★ Novice

Since the update, I can no longer open the cheat console.

I know the command, it's always worked, I have been on vacay and away from my computer, it worked fine the day I left and I definitely haven't changed any keyboard settings. 

Additionally, I can no longer move objects off the grid. Using the alt key does nothing. 

I've updated all my mods, then I removed them all because I thought they were causing it but that's not the case either. 

I'm at a complete loss now, I have no idea what could be causing it because I've never had an issue like that before. 

I'm on a 13" MacBook Pro with Catalina 15.6

Message 1 of 5 (301 Views)

@chippiecheeks

Please check here for help with the cheat console - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Have you repaired the game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora I have repaired it and I have reviewed all the other topics on the cheat console but none of the options work for me. 

And absolutely nothing has changed on my computer except the Sims update. I pretty much use this computer exclusively for the Sims anyway...  

Message 4 of 5 (269 Views)

@chippiecheeks

Hopefully it will start working again. Never come across anyone who hasn’t managed to get it working after checking those fixes.

If you find the cause, please do post it here to help others Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (265 Views)