Re: Cant Change Skin Color

by yrsp2

Original Post

Cant Change Skin Color

★★★ Novice

ALL MY SIMS ARE WHITE!

I cant change the skin tones of any of my sims. 

- when I create a sim, they are all the exact same tone of white

- when I download a sim from the gallery, even when they aren't white, they automatically turn to the specific skin tone of white.

This began happening when my sims got grey underwear that you couldn't remove from them and appeared to be on their skin. Also the sims have eyebrows that are stuck to them that you can sometimes see through the eyebrows that you can choose for them. 

However, I can change things like their clothing and hair and even things like their eyes and nose shape. I cant remember when I first spotted this, maybe April 2021?

Someone please help. I don't want all of my sims to be white. that feels strange and maybe racist. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 21 (5,602 Views)

@yrsp2 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Try a new clean game and see if it happens - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 21 (5,585 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, Here

• Operating System (Version) 11.4
  • Mac model 13" 2020
  • Processor 

1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

• Memory (RAM) 

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

• Graphics
  • 15" and 16" MacBook Pro users - click on System Report then Graphics/Displays in the left side list. If your Mac has dedicated graphics this will show up as either NVIDIA or AMD in the right side window, please list the specification here as well 
  • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

• Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition? Normal
  • Are you running any antivirus? I don't think so. But im not sure.
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. Yes I have
  • Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem? Yes I use them and yes ive tried removing them

I have also tried almost all of your troubleshooting steps and nothing seems to work.

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 21 (5,567 Views)

@yrsp2

Thanks. Did you try the new Sims 4 folder with none of your previous saves and other content copied across? Can yo also post screenshots?

I'm trying to figure out if it's a hardware issue related to the Intel chip, possibly also a Metal driver issue, or whether it's your user data. This is why it's really important to know if a completely new clean game causes the same issue.

Could you also post a few screenshots showing it in-game?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 21 (5,563 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im not totally sure what you mean there. But, here are screen shots. I had the game create a few random sims. As you can see they are all the exact same skin color.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.10.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.10.50 PM.png

And when I try to change it, the sim doesn't change.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.11.04 PM.png

Here, I tried to download a sim off of the gallery and the game actually automatically changes the sim to become this specific skin tone. (the hair disappeared because I don't have that pack. that makes sense)

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.14.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.15.05 PM.png

You can also see what I was talking about the eyebrows in this picture. The pink ones I can edit but the brown ones are always there.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.12.30 PM.png

And hereto can see the grey underwear. That doesn't bother me so much but it appeared around the same time as the other issues so I wonder if they are related.

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.14.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.13.11 PM.png

Hope that can help

Message 5 of 21 (5,557 Views)

@yrsp2

Thanks but none of your images are loading Frown

Did you try the new Sims 4 folder? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting... really important to see if it happens in a new clean game too or just in your saves.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 21 (5,540 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I clean my game and be sure that im not loosing anything important. will everything still be saved?

As for the screenshots, this should work.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13ltIR0QCU928tL2yCT4uvNqZp3eESB7T?usp=sharing

Message 7 of 21 (5,487 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did that thing where I moved my sims folder to my desktop and it worked! But I don't have anything that I have built. How do I get it back without bringing the problem back? Do I have to delete all of my mods? I don't want to have to do that.

Message 8 of 21 (5,482 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you know if there is a software I can run to find the mod that did that without deleting all my mods (assuming the mods where the problem). If not, how would you recommend I delete what was causing the problem so I can still have everything else and bring my own builds (ets.) back into the game. 

By the way, Thank you so much for helping me with this problem. Im really grateful.

Message 9 of 21 (5,460 Views)

★★★ Novice
I figure out what Mod was the problem. Thank you so much for all your help. Really! You're Awesome <3
Message 10 of 21 (5,454 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help