Re: Cannot save game in Sims 4 (Game is loading)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Cannot save game in Sims 4 (Game is loading)

★★★ Newbie

I need help— my sims 4 had been going well, I only redownloaded it to my new m1 chip laptop and some new mods I’m trying out for the first time.

I could play the game as usual for the past two days, but all of a sudden today I realized I cannot save at all. I cannot access to the build mode, my sims cannot travel/go to dates and is simply stuck in the household map. This happened all of a sudden and I’m at an absolute lost.

ive tried backing up my saved files and restarting sims 4 to refresh the user files as some have suggested, then moving back my saved slots but nothings changed. I still can’t save every time I log back into the game. It would say “game is still loading” even if I can play it (without being able to buy, build, save). I also tried deleting all cache files or using the Cas.edit work outfit cheat to force it into another screen but still, I can’t save anything. 

I also read that some said to go to Documents to right click The Sims to “download” it, but that option is not available to me. I’ve exhausted all possible routes and I have no idea what to do now. 

I have also tried uninstalling and redownloading. Even when I took out my mods, the problem still persists, please help this error really doesn’t make sense at all.

Message 1 of 6 (625 Views)

@lycainse

Does it worked as expected with a new clean Sims 4 folder? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

I'm not sure what you mean by "I also read that some said to go to Documents to right click The Sims to “download” it, but that option is not available to me."

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Actually when I removed my saved files to force/restart a new sims folder, it worked! I could save and all with this new random NPC that I started to try, but the second I move back my saved files (i only have 1 family I'm playing but there seems to be a lot files), then I can't save again. I was wondering if there's something wrong with my saved files but I can't seem to do anything about it.

And ah, about that! I saw somewhere in the forum that some users solved their problems by simply going to > Documents > EA  and Right Click The Sims 4 folder to download it? But when I right click there wasn't an option to download it, so I assume that isn't where my problem lies.. 

Message 3 of 6 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lycainse

Your save may be borked Frown Have you tried evicting the family at the map screen and moving them to a different lot? That sometimes helps.

The download thing sounds iCloud related maybe.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh no, does that mean there's nothing I can do about it? I'm not too sure if having mods affect this...

I did manage to forcefully evict her to another map, but the option to save still remains unavailable : ( Does this mean I should reset the game and give up on my existing file, possibly? I'm not sure if I can use mods anymore because of this Frown

Yes, that's what I heard! They think maybe the saved file is uploaded to the iCloud or something, but I hit a dead end regarding that too since I can't find any further explanations about how to solve it. Frown

Message 5 of 6 (559 Views)

@lycainse

Yeah, there's always a risk using 3rd party content in your game. Mods sometimes need updating when EA patch the game. Most good and responsible Modders make sure their Mods are compatible with the current patch level of the game. It's not a case of sticking a Mod in the Mods folder and it will work forever. New content/packs/patches can easily break them.

There's a stickied thread at the top of this Mac forum explaining about iCloud and the game - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Saves-CC-Mods-or-Library-items-disappeared... and Apple's support pages are very helpful with iCloud too.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (540 Views)