Re: Cannot reinstall The Sims 3 - Product Code already in use.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot reinstall The Sims 3 - Product Code already in use.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i have this issue right now on the mac. I installed the games yesterday via disc but my mac won't read the disc so I had to uninstall it but of course the uninstaller didn't work either so i had to do it manually. I deleted every trace of the sims from my mac but now it won't let me add the expansion packs to origin because the "product code is already redeemed" so now i have no idea what to do..... 

Message 1 of 2 (391 Views)

Accepted Solution

@eetjedine  I've moved your post to the dedicated Sims/mac section, where you'll get help specific to your OS.

The last few versions of OS X won't authenticate TS3 discs, so the only way to install the game ist through Origin.  If you bought your expansion packs new, it's possible that you registered them years ago, and they're already on another account.  (Are you sure they're not in this account?  Only the base game shows in your Origin Library; with TS3 highlighted, you have to click on More > Expansion Packs to see your EPs.)  If you bought the packs used, though, the original owner may have registered them, in which case you'd be out of luck.

If you can't find the packs on any account, you'll need to contact EA customer support so that someone on that end can look for them.  It would be helpful for you to have photos of the discs, cases, and inserts (with the codes showing) on hand for the chat.  If you happen to have multiple accounts, you can ask that they be merged as well.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (385 Views)

All Replies

@eetjedine  I've moved your post to the dedicated Sims/mac section, where you'll get help specific to your OS.

The last few versions of OS X won't authenticate TS3 discs, so the only way to install the game ist through Origin.  If you bought your expansion packs new, it's possible that you registered them years ago, and they're already on another account.  (Are you sure they're not in this account?  Only the base game shows in your Origin Library; with TS3 highlighted, you have to click on More > Expansion Packs to see your EPs.)  If you bought the packs used, though, the original owner may have registered them, in which case you'd be out of luck.

If you can't find the packs on any account, you'll need to contact EA customer support so that someone on that end can look for them.  It would be helpful for you to have photos of the discs, cases, and inserts (with the codes showing) on hand for the chat.  If you happen to have multiple accounts, you can ask that they be merged as well.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (386 Views)