Cannot login to sims 3 website or game launcher

by embean87

Original Post

Cannot login to sims 3 website or game launcher

★ Novice

I haven't played Sims in a while. When I start the game (I'm using Origin), it prompts me in the game launcher to log in, which I cannot. If I click "forget password," it brings me to the EA website, which I can log into. I also can't log into the sims 3 website, and experience the same problem where it directs me to EA (where I can log in, and this doesn't help anything).

I have searched for this issue and one of the remedies seems to be to clear the IE cache, but I'm on Mac and don't even have IE installed. I tried clearing my chrome/safari cache but this doesn't help.

Message 1 of 4 (190 Views)

Re: Cannot login to sims 3 website or game launcher

@embean87  Try clearing all your browser caches, changing your password on a site where you can get in, and clearing caches again.  Then see if you can login to the store.  If so, you should be able to use the launcher as well.

By the way, you don't need to login at either the launcher or Main Menu to play the game.  In fact, it's better not to when you're on a mac, since these online features take up some of the meager 2 GB the game can use in mac OS.  You also don't need to sign into Origin to play; you don't even need to have it installed on your computer.  You can launch the game directly from its alias in Applications.

If you still can't get into the store, try a different browser.  Neither Safari nor Chrome works well with the store, but Firefox is fine.  That's what I use on my mac, and I never have any trouble.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (180 Views)

★ Novice

I actually can log onto the store, but no other part of the sims website, and not the launcher.

Message 3 of 4 (177 Views)

@embean87  I just checked myself, and I can login fine, so it's not a question of the servers being down.

So my advice is the same as before: clear your browser caches, change your password, clear again, and see if it makes a difference.  The launcher uses resources from a browser when it tries to connect; in Windows, that browser is IE, but I'm not sure what it is in mac OS.  But it has to be using something.  When you clear the caches, make sure to uncheck the boxes to preserve data for favorites, or whatever words to that effect you find.

The other thing you can try is removing a file from your game folder.  In Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads, there should be a file labeled [your email].bin.  Delete that and see if it helps.  If not, pull your entire game folder out of Documents temporarily and try again.  It's a good idea to keep clearing your browser caches while you're at it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (171 Views)