Cannot log into member login and it will not let me play sims 3

by wiktorgris

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot log into member login and it will not let me play sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I need help with my sims 3. I play sims 3 on a MacBook pro. my issue is firstly, when I try to login to member login on sims 3 with my email its says its invalid. i try every password i can think of with the email and it says invalid. i know you can play without member login BUT when i try play it keeps saying "connecting", it won't go away. i’ve been trying for the past day to play but it won't let me! please help Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (1,011 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot log into member login and it will not let me play sims 3

@wiktorgris  The password you need to use is the same one you use to sign into Origin or any EA site, so try that.  But if your password contains special characters, that may explain the issue: the launcher doesn't accept certain characters, for example ! or &.

For the connecting error, open Applications > Utilities, launch Keychain Access, write sims in the search bar, and delete any entries with sims3 in the name.  This should clear the active login and stop the game from automatically attempting to connect.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (984 Views)

All Replies

@wiktorgris  The password you need to use is the same one you use to sign into Origin or any EA site, so try that.  But if your password contains special characters, that may explain the issue: the launcher doesn't accept certain characters, for example ! or &.

For the connecting error, open Applications > Utilities, launch Keychain Access, write sims in the search bar, and delete any entries with sims3 in the name.  This should clear the active login and stop the game from automatically attempting to connect.

Message 2 of 6 (985 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Hey! Thank you so much, the connecting went away after I did what you recommended Standard smile but .. the login still does not work, although something weird happened, I clicked forgot password and it told me to log in on the sims 3 website, so I did and my origin password worked. then I was like oh my God I figured it out!, until I went to the login on the sims launcher and it told me invalid even though I did the exact same thing I did on the website. Do you know what to do now? I'll keep trying but thank you again!
Message 3 of 6 (982 Views)

@wiktorgris  Did you change your password to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters at all?  If not, please do so now.  Then clear the cache for Safari: click Safari in the upper-left corner of the screen, then Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data, and remove everything.  This will also clear your other active logins, at least within the browser.

Additonally, there's a file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads labeled [your email].bin.  Please delete that after changing your password and clearing the cache and before trying to login again.

Message 4 of 6 (967 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I have exact same problem, my password doesn't contain special characters, I've cleared Safari cache as you mentioned and The Sims 3 still refuses from logging in.
There was no file containing my email address in Documents either ;-;

Message 5 of 6 (734 Views)

@mavethee  Just checking, but have you opened Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads to look for the file with your email address in it, or did you just search?  The Electronic Arts folder is exempted from Spotlight searches, so you'd need to open the folders manually to look for the file.

Please also delete your Mac's saved password data.  Open Applications > Utilities, launch Keychain Access, search for "sims" without quotes, and delete any entries that say sims3.  This should prevent the game from trying and failing to log you in automatically, therefore preventing you from playing.  You don't actually need to sign in unless you want to use one of the few online features like Simport; the rest of the game plays normally without an active login.

Message 6 of 6 (720 Views)