Cannot download S4 insufficient drive space message

by aregone3

Original Post

Cannot download Sims 4 Insufficient drive space message when downloading

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I just bought Sims 4 through Origin on my MacBook but it will not download because it says there is "Insufficient drive space available". However, my MacBook storage bar clearly says there is enough storage for me to download the app- I have attached screenshots below. 

I really want to play Sims 4 and I am very sad that it is not working. I have tried resetting the app and manually erasing Origin and resetting my laptop but nothing has worked!

It keeps saying I need to free up gb but the numbers are inconsistent every time I reset my laptop, one time it was like 3.5 gb now it's 4.69.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you :D

Message 1 of 7 (883 Views)

Cannot download S4 insufficient drive space message

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I just bought Sims 4 through Origin on my MacBook but it will not download because it says there is "Insufficient drive space available". However, my MacBook storage bar clearly says there is enough storage for me to download the app- I have attached screenshots below. 

I really want to play Sims 4 and I am very sad that it is not working. I have tried resetting the app and manually erasing Origin and resetting my laptop but nothing has worked!

It keeps saying I need to free up gb but the numbers are inconsistent every time I reset my laptop, one time it was like 3.5 gb now it's 4.69.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you :D

Message 2 of 7 (869 Views)

Re: Cannot download Sims 4 Insufficient drive space message when downloading

@aregone3

You need to do as it states and clear out some space. Or you can install the game on an external drive. Make sure the drive connection is USB 3/USB-C/Thunderbolt.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 7 (858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, I've cleared out even more space following your message. Technically the app should download now since I have 48.5gb available but it still won't download:/

Is there anything else I can do? I don't have an external drive.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7 (845 Views)

@aregone3

How much space is it saying it still needs? Empty the bin and restart you're Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 7 (818 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you ever fix this issue? I am having such a hard time right now I deleted everything and have so much space and it's still telling me there's not enough Frown((

Message 6 of 7 (692 Views)

@b8599ad827f84d89  Please do a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin, as described here:

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (666 Views)