Cannot Uninstall Games - Option Not Available

by enyaleigh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Uninstall Games - Option Not Available

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Right, so I'm a bit pissed off. 

I've spent the last three and a half hours talking to four different people on the EA support chat and no one can bloody help me. 

I cannot play Sims 3. This is because Sims 3 Into the Future was deleted from my computer, without actually uninstalling it from Origin. Origin still thinks it's installed, so I cannot download it again. I cannot uninstall the game because it does not give me the option to. Under the settings are options to play, add to favourites, game properties, and hide, but no uninstall. 

I have manually uninstalled and reinstalled Origin. 

I have used the Origin reset tool. 

I have tried this option, but there was nothing in my Cider Preferences folder. 

I have tried this, but there was no Download Cache folder. 

This is ridiculous. 

Do I simply remove all of my sims games, make a new Origin account and have all of my games be transferred onto the new one and start all over again? Or is there somehow something I'm still bloody missing?

Message 1 of 3 (7,032 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Uninstall Games - Option Not Available

@enyaleigh

There is not, and never has been, an option to uninstall Sims 3 through Origin on a Mac. Origin is NOT needed to play Sims 3 in macOS, only to download it if purchased through Origin. The instructions you have linked to are incomplete. Please read my full guide here on how to uninstall Sims 3. The reason ITF is still showing as installed is because you have residual files left behind.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (7,416 Views)

All Replies

@enyaleigh

There is not, and never has been, an option to uninstall Sims 3 through Origin on a Mac. Origin is NOT needed to play Sims 3 in macOS, only to download it if purchased through Origin. The instructions you have linked to are incomplete. Please read my full guide here on how to uninstall Sims 3. The reason ITF is still showing as installed is because you have residual files left behind.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (7,417 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

Dear God, thank you so much. All the EA support people I talked to kept saying to right click and uninstall through Origin even when I told them I was on a Mac. Thanks a million for clarifying. You're a blessing. 

Message 3 of 3 (6,979 Views)