Re: Cannot Select Items that Increase Logic

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Cannot Select Items that Increase Logic

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! I've never posted on anything like this, hoping this is the proper place for this.

I recently downloaded Sims 4, and have made sure it's updated, and the most up to date UI mod for it. I run the game through Origin on my MacBook.

One of my sims is in the science career, so I went to work with him the first time I played it and was immediately frustrated because when we got to his job, I couldn't click on anything in the building. At all! It lists all these tasks they want you to perform and I could even see where to do them but when I would go to click on anything it was like there was nothing there. For instance, the chemical analyzer we were supposed to use couldn't be selected at all. So then I quit the game and went to restart from their home, and purchased a chess table for him to practice on. But the same thing! I would go to click on it and it was as though it wasn't there. I tried some other skill improving items and they seemed to be working; the painting stand, for instance, is recognized as an item and he can paint a painting. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong here?

Another off topic note, any time I use "testingcheats true", it seems to only half work. Anything I have to shift click with is not recognized.

Edit: I tried going into other households to see if logic items worked and they still didn't. I went to Bella Goth's house and clicked on the pre-set chess board and it was like I was clicking on nothing at all. Help ):

Message 1 of 2 (245 Views)

Re: Cannot Select Items that Increase Logic

@tinkerrellaa

Move your Mods folder out, trash the localthumbcache.package file and then load your game and see if it still happens.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (216 Views)