Re: Cannot Download Sims 4 MacBook off Origin

by psychokiddk3

Original Post

Champion

What are your Mac's specs and what OS are you running on?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 18 (413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. Is there a way to fix this??

The download starts, and then goes for about 2minutes before dropping back down 0.

My download speed is going at at least 900kb when it starts; then it drops. It is rather frustrating. I have tried everything mentioned from restarting my computer, restarting my router and deleting origin and reinstalling to start again. 

I have found that the only way to keep it going is to Force Quit Origin, then relaunch. However the download only starts again for about 2-4minutes. 

But I am not going to sit for 3 hours doing that hoping it gets to 100%..... 

Message 12 of 18 (397 Views)

Champion

Please see my previous post. What are your Mac specs and what version of the Mac OS are you running?

Message 13 of 18 (389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you guys fix this issue? 

I am having the same issue even though I have a good connection speed, have no proxies or anti-virus software active, I have restarted my computer and my router numerous times, have uninstalled and reinstalled origin and have tried the download in safe mode. Still the same thing, 30 seconds or so of download until it cuts out. 

Any help would be appreciated, it is really annoying

Message 14 of 18 (331 Views)

Champion

We can help you more if you can give us which Mac you are running on and what version of the Mac OS you are running.

Message 15 of 18 (326 Views)

★ Novice

I'm still having this issue and had to re download because part of the game was lost in the new update and refused to open on my 2014 macbook pro with retina display running El Capitan. I have also tried all the above mentioned solutions to no avail. I have also runs speed test of my wifi and that says i'm running 16.71mb average. To clarify I'm also downloading this at 9:30 am on a Friday so I assume there is no sever overload problem at this time. Can anyone help?

Message 16 of 18 (290 Views)

Hero

@KayteeKay96 Moved to mac forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 18 (281 Views)

@psychokiddk3

Can you try downloading one thing at a time, rather than several things at once? Also, try the reset Origin tool - http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 18 of 18 (271 Views)