Re: Cannot Download Sims 4 MacBook off Origin

by crinrict

Original Post

Cannot Download Sims 4 MacBook off Origin

★ Novice

I purchased the Sims 4 for Mac off Origin last night and every time I try to install it, it will work for 30 seconds- a minute and then it says that my Network speed has dropped to 0 (even though I checked it and it's fine?) and it stops downloading. I tried pausing it but it doesn't work so I have to force quit the application. As soon as I go back in and start the download again it just does the same thing.. I'm only up to 10% download and it's driving me crazy!

Message 1 of 18 (951 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Do you still have this issue today ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (919 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Do you still have this issue today ?

Yes. I started the download again this morning and it went from 14% to 17% at 1.12MBS for about a minute or so and then it slowly dropped down to 0MBS again..

Message 3 of 18 (911 Views)

Hero

Try opting in Safe Mode Downloading in Origin then

SafeModeDownloading.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (909 Views)

★ Novice

Still did the same thing. Started off fine and then dropped back down to 0MBS???

Message 5 of 18 (903 Views)

Hero

Do you have an Antivirus program of Firewall that could be blocking the connection ?

Did you try turning your router off and back on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (885 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Do you have an Antivirus program of Firewall that could be blocking the connection ?

Did you try turning your router off and back on ?

Yes. I have checked both of those things as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Origin AND cancelling the download and then restarting it..... It is still doing the same thing.

Message 7 of 18 (867 Views)

Hero

Really don't know then.

I'll see if a mac helper can help you further

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (840 Views)

Champion

Have you rebooted your computer? It may still be trying to do something that didn't completely stop. Make sure you are not running any other programs while you download the Sims 4.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 18 (832 Views)

★ Novice

Yep. Cancelled the download, quit Origin, restarted my computer, reopened Origin, started the download, worked for 30 seconds at 1,10MBS, then dropped down to 0MBS AGAIN with no other program running or open.

Message 10 of 18 (822 Views)