Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't save Sims family to Library on PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack, City Living, Go to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I try save families to my library, but when I exit the game and start the game back up, it's like I never saved anything. If I save and exit to main menu, I can see that there is a game saved, but once I exit the whole game, nothing saves.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims family doesn't save to library, but saves to gallery.
What do you expect to see? My sims family saved when I try to load up a new game, but there is no game to load back up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I try to save my sims family to library, but once I exit the game and open the game back up, nothing is saved. But, I can see the family in my gallery, but nothing in my library.

Message 1 of 7 (754 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Can't save Sims family to Library on PC

[ Edited ]

@karenstylees 

Do you have iCloud Drive enabled to store your Documents folder in the cloud? If so you need to disable it as the game will only read the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder that is stored locally on your Mac. If it cannot find one it will recreate it so each time you load the game it will be like new again.

Edit - not sure where you originally posted but I've moved your post to the Mac forum Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (700 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @karenstylees 

I moved your post to the tech forum for troubleshooting.

Sounds like you're either running out of disc space or there's a permission problem with the documents folder.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (736 Views)

★★ Novice
It's not letting me attach the file to my post or in reply to you.
Message 3 of 7 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I use a Mac, so this is my System's Information. 

Message 4 of 7 (712 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@karenstylees 

Do you have iCloud Drive enabled to store your Documents folder in the cloud? If so you need to disable it as the game will only read the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder that is stored locally on your Mac. If it cannot find one it will recreate it so each time you load the game it will be like new again.

Edit - not sure where you originally posted but I've moved your post to the Mac forum Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 7 (701 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes, it worked! Is there any other way where I could have iCloud Drive on for my files, but not have this cause a problem for sims? Also, if I enable iCloud Drive for files when I'm not using Sims would it cause the same issue of not saving the game?
Message 6 of 7 (694 Views)

@karenstylees

Hmm, not that I can think of. You could create a folder in iCloud Drive that you use for everything else and just save your other stuff in there? Call it iCloud Documents or something like that? Then just keep the Documents folder on your Mac for your Sims folder.

If you enabled iCloud Drive again for the Documents folder then it would once again save and store everything in the cloud so you would be back to where you were before.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 7 (689 Views)