Can't play the Sims after today's update (forced legacy edition)

by hacheurk

Original Post

Can't play the Sims after today's update (forced legacy edition)

★★★★ Novice

Since today's update I can't play The Sims 4, I couldn't do it without the Legacy Edition (it forced me to install it) and I can't do it after. The ea chat support guys said that it happened to more people but they didn't even know where it came from. Just waiting doesn't seem like a solution...

I am disappointed, angry, sad and incredibly frustrated at this. I purchased Discover University and waited for years for this Sims 4 University Pack (I've been playing since Sims 1) only to find out I can't play it now... I feel like there's been little to none information about this Legacy switch in Origin or in newsletters in general. How is this possible?. Now, if my game works eventually, I'll never be able to get on the gallery, have any bug fixes, updates or play with new packs. This is terrible news for simmers who aren't loaded and just want to play the game without an expensive gaming setup... 

Do any of you have the same problem?

Message 1 of 42 (9,689 Views)

Re: Can't play the Sims after today's update (forced legacy edition)

@AnnaBanana0708 @hacheurk

Which version of macOS are you both running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 42 (9,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too, had a looooong day and wanted to escape my reality and abuse my sims, but this update wouldn't let me. 

Message 3 of 42 (9,649 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bummer and lol, I know what you mean!! 

Message 4 of 42 (9,646 Views)

★★★ Novice

My mac just forced legacy on me as well. Was SO excited to finally purchase and download discover university as I've been waiting forever for it. Doesn't work. Sat on hold with support for 45 minutes for them to tell me it wont work with legacy. Ummm what?? I didn't ask for that update.. They said that they're having issues with mac users and the sims 4, hence the legacy edition, and they are working on fixing it. They couldn't give a timeline (of course) All I know is they better figure this out or they will loose a lot of customers. I've been buying their games forever, and If i'm supposed to buy a new computer just for this, they are tripping. Not happening. I'm not happy.

Message 5 of 42 (9,583 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora macOs High Sierra. I have a Macbook Pro from december 2011
Message 6 of 42 (9,553 Views)

★★ Novice

Maybe this is the problem I'm having? My sims 4 was working fine and today I downloaded the university expansion pack and can't play. I open up my sims 4 and it freezes on this white screen and won't even open the loading screen. I'm forced to shut off my laptop cause my whole screen is frozen.

Message 7 of 42 (9,534 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I have macOSSierra, was forced to download the Legacy edition after I paid for and installed the University expansion pack. Now it says I have it installed, but it doesn't show up in Sims 4. 

Message 8 of 42 (9,514 Views)

★★ Novice

Im having this same issue! Im so frustrated - I just want to get on and play!

I hope this gets fixed asap as I am not happy in any way! Have you heard anything back yet? 

Message 9 of 42 (9,495 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@chloeyoungxx You got a mac? Whats your GPU?
Message 10 of 42 (9,491 Views)