Can't open sims 3 after install on Mac OS Mojave V. 10.14 !

by LaFerrari1992

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't open sims 3 after install on Mac OS Mojave V. 10.14 !

★★ Novice

Can't open sims 3 after install on Mac OS Mojave V. 10.14 !  It was a clean install I did on my Mac...

First ik did the installation of sims 3 and  all the expansions . When I touch the icon of sims 3 it says a sims 3 can't open unknow fault .

I delete all the expansions and base game of sims 3. And try to only install the base game. Same problem doesn't open...

I try to install a update tool doesn't work.... I reset origin, doesn't work... I try a lot but nothing works... I hope anybody can help me whit it.... 

it is a online installation doesn't have a CD player....

PLEAS HELP ME OUT....!!!

Message 1 of 9 (13,330 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't open sims 3 after install on Mac OS Mojave V. 10.14 !

@LaFerrari1992  Please edit the photo you posted so the serial number doesn't show.  That's not information you want floating around the internet.  You can edit in Preview and place a box over the number.

Even with a fresh install, try pulling your game folder, if you have one, out of Documents.  It's just easier to make sure that nothing in there is corrupt (already).

What happens if you try bypassing the launcher entirely?  If you don't know how to do so, here's a guide:

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-how-to-bypass-the-launcher-on-a-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (13,246 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@LaFerrari1992, did you read and follow the instructions posted in this very helpful thread sticked at the top of this forum? To get Sims 3 to run on a Mac is a not an easy install like Sims 4. I would advise to read the instructions very carefully and follow them step by step. Please note that MacBook Air laptops do not work and play well with Sims 3 especially if you try to run anything more than a couple of the early EPs. Seasons, Pets and Island Paradise are very difficult to run for these laptops as they are very graphic intensive. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

If you follow the instructions step by step and are still having issues, we will need to know your Mac's specs found under the Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner. Please do NOT include the serial number. Also, we will need more details about what exactly you have tried, what error messages you are still getting and if there is further troubleshooting we may need to do. 

Either way, please let us know what the outcome is.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (13,282 Views)

★★ Novice

I did the steps you told me to do, Thanks for it... the installation works but now when i try to start the game ( play button ) in the first screen  of the shop. there is only a black screen.

Anything I can do now? grtz.

Message 3 of 9 (13,266 Views)

@LaFerrari1992  Try pulling your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can load and play a new save in this folder, you can start moving your saves and other content into it from your old folder, a few items at a time.  Keep testing to make sure that the game still loads; if not, you'll know that one of the files you moved over is corrupt and needs to be deleted.

If you can't even load a new game in a clean folder, please post your computer's specs here, as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

Message 4 of 9 (13,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is a foto of my specs. its a fresh install whit no saves or downloads...

Message 5 of 9 (13,254 Views)

@LaFerrari1992  Please edit the photo you posted so the serial number doesn't show.  That's not information you want floating around the internet.  You can edit in Preview and place a box over the number.

Even with a fresh install, try pulling your game folder, if you have one, out of Documents.  It's just easier to make sure that nothing in there is corrupt (already).

What happens if you try bypassing the launcher entirely?  If you don't know how to do so, here's a guide:

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-how-to-bypass-the-launcher-on-a-mac/

Message 6 of 9 (13,247 Views)

★★ Novice

THQ the last solution was the little push it needs. ! It starts! thq

Message 7 of 9 (13,239 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict when I followed this I got this

unable to start game

service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)
Message 8 of 9 (3,938 Views)

@princessmargauxz  Please post the full specs of your Mac, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Please also list the packs you've installed so far, and any you'd like to install but haven't yet.

Message 9 of 9 (3,927 Views)