Can't log onto origin!

by yasi1234567890x

Original Post

Highlighted

Can't log onto origin!

★★ Novice

I've had an origin account for about a year now i had sims 4 for a while until something happened and i was unable to play. I didn't use origin after this and I've recently got a new mac laptop and i have downloaded origin again I've found my account online and bought sims 4 again to see if it will work. I tried to log onto my account on the app origin instead online so i can play but when i type my username and password in, a message pops up saying 'you must be online when logging in for the first time'. I've looked on many websites to try and figure out the problem but i haven't found anything. Does anyone know what this means?

Message 1 of 2 (211 Views)

Re: Can't log onto origin!

@yasi1234567890x

Firstly, see if you can get a refund from EA. You don't need to buy the game again as it will be associated with the EA/Origin account you used to purchase it through.

For fixing the problem try the following:

1. Turn off any antivirus you have running.
    2. Check that your inbuilt firewall is allowing Origin connections by going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall then click the lock to make changes, enter your password and Origin should look like this:

Firewall

If it still doesn't work try the Origin reset tool - http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (189 Views)