Re: Can't fix sims 3 mac not detecting expansion disk

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't fix sims 3 mac not detecting expansion disk

★★★ Newbie

So I just downloaded my old sims 3 game and expansion packs onto my new macbook and it was going fine until I tried to open the game. It told me on the launcher that there was no disk detected (everything except for the base game is on a disk) so I decided to eject it and try again. The game launched but once it loaded it told me once again that there was no disk detected. I ejected the disk again and tried what I did before but the same thing happened. I looked up how to solve this and heard someone say to redeem the expansion on origin, so I did that. It is still saying that there is no disk, and I'm not even using one!!! ughh. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?? My laptop does not have a disk reader so I use an external one. Is it something wrong with the disk reader or just a bug?

Message 1 of 2 (194 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Jijo765

Please read this thread for help and instructions on fixing the disc error issue - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (184 Views)

All Replies

@Jijo765

Please read this thread for help and instructions on fixing the disc error issue - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (185 Views)