Can't find or uninstall sims 3 Ambitions expansion pack

by gabjafi

Original Post

Can't find or uninstall sims 3 Ambitions expansion pack

★★★ Newbie

I recently just redeemed a Sims 3 Ambitions Product Code from the original disc I got years ago maybe 2010? The game installed but told me it may not be compatible with the sims 3 I have already installed on origin. (I have the following expansion packs installed from discs I bought in the past since my new mac dosent have a place for discs : seasons, university life, future, and island paradise.) Since I installed it and downloaded the rest of my games on origin say finalizing and my ambitions does not, it just says play. However when I look into my mac at the folder I placed them all in, all the expansion packs are there except for the ambitions one. Now when I try to start the game an alert comes up saying "Unknown Error Occurred". I've also tried uninstalling the ambitions pack but I can't figure out how, and I can't even uninstall all of my sims 3 games now either. Does anyone think they could help me or recommend something? Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (383 Views)

Re: Can't find or uninstall sims 3 Ambitions expansion pack

@gabjafi  Sorry for the late reply; I only just saw your post.  And I've moved it to the Sims 3 Mac section.

Ambitions doesn't install correctly, which is why you're getting the unknown error.  This is fixable though.  First, create an alias (icon) for Ambitions in Applications\The Sims 3, alongside the alias for the base game.

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

Next, copy a folder from Ambitions into the folder for Into the Future, which is your newest pack by the date EA released it.  The video in this post shows where to find the folder and how to copy it over:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-and-...

Let me know if this doesn't work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (352 Views)