Re: Can't find Sims 4 files on Mac

by delelise

Original Post

Can't find Sims 4 files on Mac

★ Novice

Okay, so this is a weird problem.

Yesterday I purchased and downloaded The Sims 4 to try it out. (I would have used the trial version and saved myself this headache, but the trial isn't available for Mac.) I was disappointed with the limited map and I don't really care about the improved graphics, so I returned it under Origin's great game guarantee and received my refund. I thought everything was taken care of... BUT now I have 14+ GB of Sims 4 data somewhere on my computer and I can't find it to delete it.

I know the files are somehow still there because I checked my available storage before I downloaded the game and it's about 14 GB higher now, so the downloaded data is obviously still somewhere on my hard drive. I've tried searching with Finder and I've checked all the obvious folders (Applications, Application Support, the Electronic Arts folder in Library) and while I found the save files from the brief time I spent playing the game, those totaled less than 1 GB.

I'm generally pretty tech savvy but this has me completely stumped. I can't uninstall the game through Origin because I no longer own it. How do I find these files so I can delete them and free up that space on my hard drive?

Thanks!

J

Message 1 of 4 (2,164 Views)

@coolkumquats  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 Mac tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (2,141 Views)

@coolkumquats 

Have you looked in both Applications folders?

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨[your user account] ▸ ⁨Applications⁩

and

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Applications⁩

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (2,129 Views)

★ Apprentice

My suggestion is to look through your storage management- if it's 14+GB it should be fairly easy to find that way

Click on the little apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop> Go to "About this mac"> Choose storage> Click "Manage"

This should bring up the main categories of your mac and will filter by the things taking up the most storage. 

Message 4 of 4 (2,088 Views)