by jasminenalicia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't download lots from the gallery

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 10.5.24.5022
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When entering the "gallery" in Sims 4, the button that allows you to place place the lot is unavailable
What happens when the bug occurs? The button is not able to be pressed and I am unable to place the lot
What do you expect to see? I hover over the "place the lot" option and it says "Can't place content because it was created with a newer version of the game. Restart the game to check for updates."
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have attached an image of the issue. I am unable to download lots from the gallery. It tells me that I need to get an updated version of the game however I already have the latest version of Origin. Although when I right click The Sims 4 to repair or update the game, it does not work. Please let me know why this is happening

Message 1 of 11 (10,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't download lots from the gallery

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jasminenalicia

AH, sorry. Didn't see you're on a mac.

There's currently an issue (moved your post to mac)

See this for more info: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/MAC-Origin-servers-temporarily-unavailable/td-p/6935315

Seems you need to upgrade your OS.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (10,313 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What's your actual game version ? 

Here's how to find out: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

Also have you tried without mods /cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (10,265 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The current version I have is: 1.44.88.1220

I have tried to place the lot without mods/cc but I am still unable to place it.

Message 3 of 11 (10,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @jasminenalicia

That's not the current version. We're at 1.46.18

You should be able to update through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (10,232 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have tried to update the game several times however the same message keeps popping up and it does not allow me to update my game. (The message states, "We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later.") There is no issue with my internet connection, it is working just fine.

Message 5 of 11 (10,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jasminenalicia

AH, sorry. Didn't see you're on a mac.

There's currently an issue (moved your post to mac)

See this for more info: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/MAC-Origin-servers-temporarily-unavailable/td-p/6935315

Seems you need to upgrade your OS.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (10,314 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I see, thank you so much! I've upgraded but it still doesn't work. I'm assuming this is an issue that EA might have to fix, for now I'll just wait.

Message 7 of 11 (10,190 Views)

Message 8 of 11 (10,171 Views)

@jasminenalicia

Which version of macOS are you running now? The beta fix for the Yosemite issue will hopefully be released shortly, with the patch released shortly afterwards.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 9 of 11 (10,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Im having the same issue but I have the cracked version and I used to use the sims 4 updater but now its out of date so when i tried to update that now i have a bunch of missing files but when i go to check my computer and to repair it, it said nothing was detected. Ive tried everything and it still wont work
Message 10 of 11 (1,512 Views)