Can't connect to the gallery.

by lor1_mar1

Original Post

Can't connect to the gallery.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am using a mac, I just got it and downloaded my game onto it and it was going fine for like a day and then I went offline because I still had it downloaded on my old computer and was letting my cousins play on it but I kept their's offline so it wouldn't mess with me and that was working fine. I was also playing earlier today and it was okay but now it won't load. I deleted the sims and origin off of my old computer but it still won't connect. I have tried deleting it and re-downloading it and still wont work. I have also turned off my mac and turned it back on as well as turning off my wifi and turning it on again but it still won't connect. lol did I break it? Help. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.32.20 PM.png

This is when I click on the gallery...

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.32.32 PM.png

And this is when I click connect...

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.33.49 PM.png

I went offline...

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 9.34.37 PM.png

And went back online, but chat is offline, and the gallery still won't connect. 

Message 1 of 4 (402 Views)

Re: Can't connect to the gallery.

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @lor1_mar1.

The best thing to do is to take a couple of minutes and try the following steps:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 2990

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (356 Views)

★★ Novice

How do I add origin client as an exception?

Message 3 of 4 (332 Views)

@lor1_mar1 

Can we just check which version of the game you're running? Please provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Have you tried the Origin reset tool - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (305 Views)