Can't access game after I've saved and exited!

by mermaidcotton1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't access game after I've saved and exited!

★★★ Newbie

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I recently re downloaded The Sims 4 onto my Mac after I had to have the Mac fixed a few months ago, everything is working fine when I load up Origin and load up the Sims. Gameplay is totally fine and normal. So I open it and get taken to the homepage but the only option available is to make a new sim, the only button is the big white button with the blue play symbol. So I make a new Sim and then move them into a world and play them for a bit, but the problem comes when I exit the game. Once I have pressed save and exit and exit the Sims, when I load it up again to continue playing the Sim I made before, there is no option to do that, there is only the option to make a new Sim. 

When I press the game menu the option for 'manage worlds' is in grey and can't be clicked, it says 'not available in this mode'. I have checked and I'm not on the tutorial mode but it still says this. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that the folder for the Sims 4 was stored on the iCloud so I moved it from there to my Mac's storage but that still didn't help!

I'm really stuck with what to do, if anyone could help I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7 (466 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't access game after I've saved and exited!

@mermaidcotton1

Yes, it needs to be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. The link I provided you with has further help at the bottom for disabling iCloud Drive - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206985

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (360 Views)

All Replies

@mermaidcotton1

Your internal storage may be full so iCloud is not storing a backup locally, it is pushing everything to the cloud. How much storage do you have left on your Mac? More info on iCloud and Sims saves is here - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 7 (447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi thank you for your reply!

I have done what it says in your post but it's still not working! I have taken it out of iCloud but still my games won't save properly Frown

Thanks for your help 

Message 3 of 7 (405 Views)

@mermaidcotton1 

Frown Please could you click on your saves folder once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of your saves folder here. 

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 7 (393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The saves folder is this: Cloud Drive⁩ ▸ ⁨Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Documents – MacBook Air⁩ ▸ ⁨Electronic Arts⁩ ▸ ⁨The Sims 4⁩

So looking at that it looks like it's still in my iCloud? I'm not sure then how to take it out of my iCloud and onto my Mac's storage?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 7 (376 Views)

@mermaidcotton1

Yes, it needs to be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. The link I provided you with has further help at the bottom for disabling iCloud Drive - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206985

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 7 (361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much you're a life saver!!

Message 7 of 7 (324 Views)