Can't Load Save Files on Mac After Recent Update

by cassiea1324

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Load Save Files on Mac After Recent Update

★ Novice

I hope someone can help me with this, I've tried to follow many different previous forum posts.

In early August I transferred all of my Sims 4 saves from my old Macbook Air to my new Macbook Pro. I did not save the entire Electronic Arts file but I saved all of my save files to the cloud in the process. I had no issues following the instructions I found online and transferred all of the files without a problem. 

After installing the most recent Origin/Sims 4 update, I was VERY surprised to open the game and be greeted with the first time welcome screen, no Load Game/New Game options at all. I tried to troubleshoot, moved the files around (the .save files at first as well as the save.ver1, etc.), I even entirely deleted the Sims and had to reinstall 6 expansion packs, 4 game packs, and 4 stuff packs on a 2-5 mbps download connection. No luck. I have tried individually moving save files over to see if one was corrupted, but I can't get anything to load other than the singular game I started so there would be a Saves folder. Even when the folder is empty I can only see this one save in game. 

I have a few sentimental saves that I want to be able to access, as well as being almost 20 kids into the 100 Baby Challenge. I would lose dozens if not hundreds of hours of playing time progress. Please help me figure this out! Thank you!

Message 1 of 5 (1,649 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Load Save Files on Mac After Recent Update

@cassiea1324

The saves have to be in:

/Users/myname/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves

You need to move the Electronic Arts folder from the Documents - MacBook Pro folder to the Documents folder.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,586 Views)

All Replies

@cassiea1324 

Please could you click on one of the saves once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of the save here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,627 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry for not responding earlier, when this first posted it was marked as spam and I wasn't sure anyone would see it.

The saves are currently on a file on my desktop for safe keeping as well as Drive. This is the location of files in the EA folder: /Users/myname/Documents/Documents - MacBook Pro/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves

It is mostly frustrating because copying over my saves a month ago had no issues and now I can't get anything to load in game.

Message 3 of 5 (1,588 Views)

@cassiea1324

The saves have to be in:

/Users/myname/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Saves

You need to move the Electronic Arts folder from the Documents - MacBook Pro folder to the Documents folder.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,587 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you!!! When trying to move them I realized that the EA folder I was working with was likely an alias and the right existing folder was sitting in Documents.

Message 5 of 5 (1,584 Views)