Re: Can't Connect to Gallery- Internet Conenction

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Can't Connect to Gallery- Internet Conenction

★★★ Newbie

Hi All! I'm trying to play the Sims 4 on this Macbook pro (which is clearly connected to the internet as I'm typing this message on it Disappointed )

Whenever I go to the gallery the Sims is trying to tell me that I am offline, and asks to attempt to connect to the internet, from there it just spins and spins and never connects.

I've tried downloading from the gallery on the website, but since the game isn't seeing me as online that doesn't work either.

Any advice on how to solve this issue so I can use the gallery?

Message 1 of 2 (396 Views)

Re: Can't Connect to Gallery- Internet Conenction

@mattzombie119  Are you running Origin in offline mode?  Even if you have a connection, Origin needs to be in online mode too.  You can also try running the Origin reset tool for macs.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Some players find that moving their mods folder to the desktop fixes gallery connection issues.  If this doesn't help, try moving your entire TS4 game folder to the desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can now connect to the gallery, you can start moving your saves and other content into the new folder from the old one.  Keep testing to make sure the gallery still works; if and when it doesn't, you'll know that the problem was one of the files you just moved.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (383 Views)