Can sims 4 run on the new 13-inch MacBook Air?

by lialexy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can sims 4 run on the new 13-inch MacBook Air?

★★ Novice

Just got the new 13-inch MacBook Air and was wondering whether sims 4 could run on it? Responses would be very much appreciated! 

Message 1 of 5 (689 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can sims 4 run on the new 13-inch MacBook Air?

Community Manager
@lialexy I would recommend comparing the specs of your new MacBook Air with what the game requires. If everything meets the specs you should be good to download and enjoy!

MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM SPECS:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, AMD Radeon RX 560 or better
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, AMD Radeon RX 560 or better
MEMORY: 8GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 18 GB of Hard Drive space

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (651 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@lialexy I would recommend comparing the specs of your new MacBook Air with what the game requires. If everything meets the specs you should be good to download and enjoy!

MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM SPECS:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, AMD Radeon RX 560 or better
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, AMD Radeon RX 560 or better
MEMORY: 8GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 18 GB of Hard Drive space

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (652 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for this great advise! I’m really terrible at all things technically but I was wondering how I would be able to check my specs? 

Message 3 of 5 (643 Views)

Community Manager

To check your system specs, you should be able to select the Apple Icon in the top left > then about this MAC. Compare those with what the specs Above if your not sure you can always google what you have with what is needed to make sure it meets the requirements. 

** Apple also has a guide over how to check here.

- Illium 

Illium.png

Message 4 of 5 (639 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok I’ll do that! Thank you so much again!

Message 5 of 5 (633 Views)