Re: Can not start Sims 4 on Mac

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Can not start Sims 4 on Mac

★ Novice

Heya!

Okey, so, I´m having trouble with Sims 4 on my Mac. And I´m really annoyed, because I was so excited to play. But now, of course, the game won´t launch for some reason.

I installed Origin, and downloaded the game from there. When I press the "Play"-button the screen goes black for a moment. Then I see a small EA-sign and hear the starting sound. But after that nothing happens (except for the annoying mouse-arrow-wheel-thing). Eventually I´m forced to quit.

I have read numerous threads already, but I just don´t get it. I´m hoping anyone can clarify something for me. There´s a list of minimum requirements to launch Sims 4. And I´m just wondering; maybe my mac doesn´t meet the requirements. (And that´s probably what you get for going for the cheapest, I´m I right?) But I just can´t accept that right now, ´cause I really want to play, hah! So.. I´m hoping anyone can help me out.

This is my mac:

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)

MacOS high Sierra (version 10.13.6)

1,8 GHz Intel Core i5

8 BG 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphic 6000 1536 MB

Is it the "1,8 GHz"-thing that is my problem here? Is my Mac not capable of running the game? In that case, I just have to accept it, and let it go. Frown I read somewhere you needed 2,4 (?) GHz. But I also saw that Intel Core i5 would work. I´m confused!

Obviously I´ve tried all the reinstalling and restarting-stuff. And also moving different files and folders. Still nothing!

I really appreciate any help! Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (554 Views)

Re: Can not start Sims 4 on Mac

@anesagen  I believe the requirements for TS4 refer to a dual-core processor (2.4 GHz or above), whereas yours is quad-core, and therefore should be fine.  But someone else can correct me on that.  Of course, the recommended specs for the game do keep rising as more packs are added, so there are certainly computers that can run the earlier packs but will struggle with Seasons.

Regardless, there are several troubleshooting steps that may help you.  I'm not sure exactly what you've done so far, so I'll just list the easiest ones.  First, run the Origin reset tool for macs, and disable Origin in-game.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If this doesn't help, move your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Try to launch the game again, and if it works, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Play in this folder for a bit, just to make sure everything is working correctly, and then you can start moving your saves and other content into your new folder from your old one.  Test each batch of content to make sure you can still launch the game; if you can't, you'll know that one or more of the files you just moved over are corrupt.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (534 Views)