Can I transfer my disk sims 3 data onto origin?

by jealth16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I transfer my disk sims 3 data onto origin?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have been playing Sims 3 in disk format on my Mac since purchase yeeeears ago. Recently it simply wouldn't let me play with the disk, which I have since realised is because everything has moved onto Origin now and my disk isn't recognised as an actual product.

I downloaded Sims 3 on Origin on my account but it still has issues playing. Again, I have realised this is because my Sims 3 disk version is still installed on my Mac, so I need to uninstall it.

BUT I really don't want to delete all of my saved games/data from my disk version - I want to continue playing the games I have created (and spent hours building) on my disk version on my Origin version.

Is there a way of transferring the data onto Origin play?

Thanks,

Jenny

Message 1 of 3 (1,346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I transfer my disk sims 3 data onto origin?

Hero (Retired)

Hi @jealth16,

Uninstalling you disk version doesn't delete your game data. Your game data is stored on Documents\Electronic Arts and it will stay on that place.

Simply make a backup of the folder Documents\Electronic Arts (just in case) and uninstall the disk version of the game. After doing that, install the game using Origin.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,616 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@jealth16 Moving this post the the sims mac forum.

Message 2 of 3 (1,337 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @jealth16,

Uninstalling you disk version doesn't delete your game data. Your game data is stored on Documents\Electronic Arts and it will stay on that place.

Simply make a backup of the folder Documents\Electronic Arts (just in case) and uninstall the disk version of the game. After doing that, install the game using Origin.

Message 3 of 3 (1,617 Views)