Re: Camera tilt for sims 4 camera?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Camera tilt for sims 4 camera?

★ Novice

Okay, so I use a Mac and a wireless mouse to play the Sims 4. Recently I switched over to a new computer as my old one was struggling to run it.

On my old Mac I swear that I could tilt the game camera (using the Sims 4 camera not the Sims 3 camera) but on my new Mac I can’t!

I’ve tried googling an answer, but all I can find are old articles from around 2014-2016 suggesting that I switch over to the Sims 3 camera. 

I’d really rather avoid using the Sims 3 camera, as my mouse doesn’t have a scroll button in the middle and I prefer the smoothness of the Sims 4 camera.

Does anyone know why I could tilt on my old computer but not on the new one and how to fix it so I can do it again? Any help would be much appreciated Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (44,195 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@PinapplePrincess, I use the Sims 3 camera controls personally as I am so used to them. However, a search on the internet provides many options on how to move your camera either with hot key commands or clicking and holding down your mouse wheel button. If your mouse does not have a center mouse wheel, you hold down the command key and the up and down arrow keys control the tilt. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (44,146 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @PinapplePrincess

I moved your post to the mac forum.

People here can probably help you a lot better.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (44,181 Views)

[ Edited ]

@PinapplePrincess

If you enable the Sims 3 controls you can tilt the camera by holding down the CMD key and using the up and down arrow keys.

Maybe @Tremayne4260 could help you with Sims 4 tilt controls.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (44,162 Views)

Champion

@PinapplePrincess, I use the Sims 3 camera controls personally as I am so used to them. However, a search on the internet provides many options on how to move your camera either with hot key commands or clicking and holding down your mouse wheel button. If your mouse does not have a center mouse wheel, you hold down the command key and the up and down arrow keys control the tilt. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (44,147 Views)

★ Novice
Ah, okay Standard smile

Thank you for your help!
Message 5 of 5 (44,138 Views)