sims 3 64 bit keeps freezing

by ThanksTacoo

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Hi!! So I finally got the Sims 3 64 bit for my Mac and it runs pretty good and I am very happy with it, there is only one problem. It keeps freezing every like 10 seconds, this didn't happen before though. When it freezes my cursor turns into the like rainbow spinning ball if you know what I mean, I'd like to know how to fix this! :D

Message 11 of 137 (9,686 Views)

Re: sims 3 64 bit keeps freezing

@ThanksTacoo  Please post the full specs of your Mac, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Please also post a screenshot of your graphics settings.  When in-game, click cmd-enter to switch to windowed mode.  Click the three dots in the lower left corner of the game window, select Options, and take a screenshot of the settings in the first tab:

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 137 (9,683 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry for making another thread but for some reason I can't reply to my own topic but here are my screenshots:

It was about how my sims keeps freezing after like 10 seconds my cursor turns into the rainbow spinning ball, also how do i reply on my own topic haha

sorry for my english its not my first language.

i am not running any antivirus

I got Late Night, Generations, Seasons and University Life installed

I had the Nraas story progression and overwatch mod downloaded, deleted it and it didn't make any difference.

Schermafbeelding 2020-10-31 om 02.26.29.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-10-31 om 02.27.50.png

Message 13 of 137 (9,684 Views)

Re: sims 3 64 bit keeps freezing

@ThanksTacoo  The new thread isn't an issue; it's easy enough to merge with your existing one.  And your English is more than fine.

Please try turning down all your graphics options to the minimum, as soon as you load the game to the Main Menu.  Switch to windowed mode (cmd-return), and quit.  Restart and see whether you have the same issue.  If you don't, you can turn up one or two settings at a time and see how it goes.

If it does help to turn down the settings, but turning up on in particular brings the issue back, I'd be interested to know which setting that is.  You're not the first person to report the same problem.

Message 14 of 137 (9,652 Views)

Sims 3 on Mac keeps freezing

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I just got my game to work (thank you ea for finding the problem). I have a problem, when I play my game keeps lagging and turning my cursor into the rainbow ball. Most of the time it happen when I press the time speed. All of my graphics are on medium.

While I was writing this, my game close with warning me, I didn’t even do nothing.

i really want to play, what do I do?

Message 15 of 137 (9,626 Views)

Gam

★★★ Newbie

Hiya, I recently downloaded the Updated 64 bit game of The Sims 3, however, the gameplay is very slow. A loading icon would always pop up every 2 minutes, where my Mac would freeze for 3 minutes or longer. This would frequently occur throughout playing the game. This problem would continue to worsen where the game would unexpectedly crash. I've already contacted a tech support via the EA chat service but they advised me to upload my concern on here. I have also reinstalled the game a couple of times but it hasn't done anything. The tech supporter had said that the problem could be caused by my graphic card. Is there any way to fix my game?

Message 16 of 137 (9,600 Views)

Re: Sims 3 on Mac keeps freezing

[ Edited ]

@Satinisim and @affa_3  Please post the full specs of your Mac, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

For the issue itself, please load to the Main Menu, put the game in windowed mode (cmd-enter), turn all the settings to the minimum, and quit.  Reload and see whether the issue is gone.

I'm not saying you necessarily need to play with these settings going forward, just that it's a good test.  Let me know whether it helps, and if it does, you can try turning up the settings one at a time.  If any particular setting brings the issue back, please let me know which one.  We'd like to look under the hood to see what that setting does, so knowing which one causes the problem would be extremely helpful.

Message 17 of 137 (9,581 Views)

Re: sims 3 64 bit & metal keeps crashing?

@simbuildsam and @FemmieFrodo  Please post the full specs of your Mac, just for reference.  This is the info needed:

@simbuildsam @FemmieFrodo and @spookyorca  Have you tried playing in a clean Sims 3 folder?  If not, please do so now, still on the lowest graphics settings and in windowed mode (cmd-enter to switch).

Message 18 of 137 (9,589 Views)

Re: Gam

★★ Apprentice

Hey, 

So I've been having similar issues - frequent crashes and freezing. Particularly the game tends to freeze and then crash when switching between time speeds. Anything faster than 'normal' and it freezes after 5 sim minutes, which has been kinda frustrating but I'm trying to get on with it. Any ideas what I can do to help? Heres my Mac details if that helps

• Operating System : macOS Catalina version 10.15.5
  • Mac model: macbook pro 13 inch, 2019
  • Processor: 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel core i5
  • Memory (RAM) 8GB 
  • Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB
  • Are you running any antivirus? No
  • What Expansion and Stuff Packs do you have installed? Base game, Seasons, Pets, Generations, Late night and high end lot stuff
  • Do you use CC/Mods? Nope, nothing at all 
Message 19 of 137 (9,550 Views)

Re: Sims 3 on Mac keeps freezing

★★★ Novice

Here you go and everything is at minimum

Message 20 of 137 (9,501 Views)