[CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

sims 3 dont work on mac

★★★ Newbie

the sims 3 dont work on my mac, i open origin, go to games on press play on sims 3, the sims launc open and i press play, and a small screen pops ups and freeze. and i i have to force the game to quit. this is on macbook air 2015.

Message 91 of 274 (1,715 Views)

Re: sims 3 dont work on mac

Hero (Retired)

@Hanstad96

moved to the sims 3 forum

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 92 of 274 (1,699 Views)

Re: sims 3 dont work on mac

@Hanstad96

The Sims 3 is not compatible on most post-2013 Macs due to the graphics cards not being supported. Please read the stickied thread here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/td-p/4935394

I'm locking this thread but feel free to post in the linked thread if you need further help.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 93 of 274 (1,694 Views)

MAC Sims 3 won't start!

★★★ Newbie

PLEASE HELP! Recently bought Sims 3 Starter Pack from Origin. Installed it on my Macbook Air (OS X Yosemite). But game does not work properly: Launcher starts, but when I click "play" button, it just freezes and crashes.

Tried to install patches which I found on the forum, but they didn't bring any result. Still "Unknown error" and game is not working.

PLEASE ADVISE!

Message 94 of 274 (1,765 Views)

Re: MAC Sims 3 won't start!

@vayushieva

What MacBook Air do you have? Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on More Info depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?

- Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?
- What Expansion and Stuff Packs do you have installed?

What patch number is your game on? You should be on patch level 1.67. You can find the patch number in the bottom left corner of the Launcher.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 95 of 274 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Newbie

- OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
- Macbook Air (11 inches, 2015)
- Processor 1,6 GHz Intel Core i5

- Memory (RAM) 4 ГБ 1600 МГц DDR3
- Graphics Intel HD 6000 1536 МБ

- No antivirus, computer is brand new.

- No CC/Mods, as far as I know.

- Tried to install also High End Loft Stuff Pack +  Late Night Expansion. Already deleted them (using your tutorial http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/)

- Patch is on level 1.67 (when I initially downloaded the game). When game didn't start and I searched for solutions online, I also used this advice http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/549552/official-ea-download-links-for-the-sims-3-cumulati... and installed super patch for region 7. 

Unfortunately, it didn't help at all...

Hope that you can advise me something. Thank you a lot in advance! 

Message 96 of 274 (2,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@BluebellfloraThe answer is above.

Thanks!

Message 97 of 274 (2,014 Views)

@vayushieva

Unfortunately TS3 is not compatible on your Mac due to the integrated Intel graphics card not being supported. I am moving your post to the stickied thread related to this issue, please read the opening post and try the manual workaround. Alternatively you could maybe contact EA customer support and request a refund - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 98 of 274 (2,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora Thank you for your answer. 

So, generally speaking, I don't have any chance to run the purchased game on my computer, right?

Message 99 of 274 (2,000 Views)

@vayushieva

Not without altering the GraphicsCard.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr files, no. Completely uninstall everything and try just the base game, some people have luck with the base game and one or two specific EPs and SPs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 100 of 274 (1,996 Views)