[CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: I am losing my mind here[Mac]

★★★ Novice

I tried all of that. I installed and applied to patch and everything. The same error message still appears. ):

Message 211 of 274 (688 Views)

Re: I am losing my mind here[Mac]

@cinematicdragons

Urgh. Completely uninstall and reinstall maybe your only hope now. Make sure you get rid of everything (although you could save your sgr files you edited and put them into the new installation, save you having to do it again).

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 212 of 274 (678 Views)

Re: [Mac] Game stuck on blue start screen with plumbob

★★★★ Apprentice

Care to post the answer? I am having this problem on my 2013 MBP. 

The expansions I have are:

- 70's 80's 90's stuff

- Diesel stuff

- Generations

- Master suite stuff

- Pets

- Seasons

- Supernatural

- University

Without any expansion packs the Sims 3 played fine. Now that i have installed my expansions it just says, "Unknown error occurred".

Was it a specific expansion pack that you had to uninstall and if so how do you uninstall it? This new Origin is confusing to me. Frown

Message 213 of 274 (604 Views)

@LexLennon

Not sure what you are wanting an answer to? Have you read the opening post and followed the links to the instructions? You must manually uninstall EP/SPs in order to get rid of all files.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 214 of 274 (586 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was replying to an earlier post stating they had fixed their game.

I have tried following the manual uninstall, but every time I go into Origin to re download the base game it just say, "Play" as if the game is still install. I have delete ALL EP and thesims03 reference files in Preferences and Caches from my Library folder and I also deleted from the app folder. Nothing I do is getting rid of this game. Frown The Uninstaller is broken and I don't know what else to do.

Message 215 of 274 (576 Views)

@LexLennon

You can tag people by putting @ in front of their username Standard smile

It sounds like some files are still being left behind. Can you please do a complete uninstall of the game, making sure to look in all the locations mentioned to get rid of files, then use the Origin reset tool.  Once you've done that empty your trash, restart your Mac and download the base game. Patch it manually, then test it's working.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 216 of 274 (941 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

★★ Novice

Thank you Bluebellflora, that worked for me.

Message 217 of 274 (810 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi friends!

I don't know if anyone is still hanging around this thread but if there is can you please help me?!

I have TS3 disc and it used to work just fine on my MacBook (mid 2012) for a long time. Then I didn't play it for awhile and now when I load it, it won't load past the plumbob load screen. I used the clean uninstall and reinstall instructions @Bluebellflora offered and just reinstalled the base game with no expansion packs but that still won't load. I saw there were a lot of instructions for what to do if you have a post 2013 mac because it might be the graphics but mine is mid 2012 so none of that applies to me. Please help, is there anything I can do??? I used to play it so much and I miss it.

Thank you in advance!

Message 218 of 274 (711 Views)

@kristynmariexo

Please be a bit more specific about which Mac you have, which version of macOS you are running and what EPs/SPs you have installed. Instructions on providing the right info here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4756...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 219 of 274 (704 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just bought a new Macbook Pro today and Im concerned I wont be able to play my sims at all now. Part of the reason I bought a new computer was because sims just no longer ran on my 2010 Macbook Pro. Now I'm hearing that it's no longer compatible? I see a lot of workarounds for early 2015 computers, but is there anything for the latest addition to the Macbook family? I'll be heartbroken if I can't play this game anymore. 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i5

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

If you could lead me to the right direction that would be great, theres a lot of links going around. 

Message 220 of 274 (667 Views)