Re: Downloaded Sims 3 Game Won't Launch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

HELP! SIMS 3 WONT WORK!!

★ Novice

I've been having problems with Sims 3 for quite some time now. I have an early 2015 MacBook Pro & have spent a lot of money on Sims 3 & expansion packs.

So I clean uninstalled everything!! Have followed every post on how to fix it. Even downloaded the 1.67 patch & still: nothing! 

Starting to get really frustrated...Ready to demand refunds & just move on to Sims 4...

My game won't even load to the launcher now and instead crashes & reads: 'error' ....something like that. 

Any advice on what I can do that I haven't already done? 

Message 191 of 274 (930 Views)

Re: HELP! SIMS 3 WONT WORK!!

@bieenne

I've moved your post to this stickied thread specifically related to your issue. Unfortunately your Mac has unsupported graphics which is why you are having problems play Sims 3. Please read the opening post and try the instructions linked to.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 192 of 274 (914 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] The Sims 3 - Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

★★★ Novice

Help please! I have a late 2013 13" Macbook Pro Retina with Intel Iris 1536 MB graphics card, and my game freezes, glitches and crashes every time I'm using the create-a-sim mode and occasionally while I'm playing in live mode as well. I've had to turn down the in-game graphics rendering a lot more than I would like in order to get some form of gameplay out of it at all, but the worst problem I've had is with the Pets create-a-sim. All the pets looks deformed/mutated, even after I followed all of EA's instructions to update to the latest version of Origin, reset my graphics card and make myself an administrator profile on my mac. Any ides how I can fix these awful graphics problems? I would really love some help. Thanks so much!

Message 193 of 274 (854 Views)

Downloaded Sims 3 Game Won't Launch

★★★ Novice

I downloaded and properly installed The Sims 3 and various expansion packs onto my Mac, but the game will not launch. When I click play, my computer goes to a blue screen with the Sims 3 plum bob on it. It just sits on that screen until I am have to force-quit the game. I have attached a screenshot on the frozen screen. How do I fix this??

Message 194 of 274 (803 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@cinematicdragons moving this post to the Sims mac forum.

Message 195 of 274 (793 Views)

@cinematicdragons

Is your Mac one of the ones listed in this thread? http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 196 of 274 (841 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, my Mac is a Macbook Pro Early 2015. I am going to try the fix now. Thing is, I used to play all these expansion packs on CD-ROM on this same laptop. But when I lost the CDs, I downloaded the games instead and re-installed them all. So, I know the games can run on my computer. 

Message 197 of 274 (830 Views)

@cinematicdragons

That's interesting. All the same EPs and SPs? You haven't installed one from Origin that you didn't previously have on disc?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 198 of 274 (827 Views)

Re: I am losing my mind here[Mac]

★★★ Novice

I have this exact same problem. I followed all the instructions for my Macbook Pro Early 2015 13" and was overjoyed when the game finally loaded. However, my map was grey and all my settings were turned off. I've attached photos of my map and the two error messages that appeared. One said "The game is unable to identify your hardware. Please contact customer support. You may need to adjust your graphics settings manually for optimal quality and performance," and the other "Your video card was not found in the database. Your graphic settings have been set as high as possible, but you may wish to reduce them if you are experiencing poor performance." 

When I got to the grey map and saw all my settings were either disabled or on "Off," I raised up my graphics settings to "medium" on each option. I quit the game and tried to restart it, but it is once again doing the same thing it was doing before. It won't launch past the blue screen with the green plumbob on it. 

Please help. I've been trying to get my game back up and running for months now.

Message 199 of 274 (833 Views)

★★★ Novice

I downloaded and installed The Sims3 Base, plus 5 EPs. My computer is an Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro. I did your fix-it where I went in and changed the graphics information. And it worked..! Sort-of. It finally launched and I was SO HAPPY. I've been trying to get the Sims to work again for MONTHS. However, my map was grey and all my settings were turned off. I've attached photos of my map and the two error messages that appeared. One said "The game is unable to identify your hardware. Please contact customer support. You may need to adjust your graphics settings manually for optimal quality and performance," and the other "Your video card was not found in the database. Your graphic settings have been set as high as possible, but you may wish to reduce them if you are experiencing poor performance." 

When I got to the grey map and saw all my settings were either disabled or on "Off," I raised up my graphics settings to "medium" on each option. I quit the game and tried to restart it, but it is once again doing the same thing it was doing before. It won't launch past the blue screen with the green plumbob on it. 

Please help. I've been trying to get my game back up and running for months now. ):

Message 200 of 274 (823 Views)