Re: The Sims 3 Won't Work on New Macbook

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

@yummypasta12

You still need to be patched up to 1.67. When you uninstalled did you cleanly uninstall and go into the hidden folders to get rid of all residual files? Or did you just use the Uninstaller?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 141 of 274 (2,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i just patched up to 1.67 and updated it all, and yes i followed your instructions on the sims forum and trashed all hidden files, the error still occurs  Frown  @Bluebellflora

Message 142 of 274 (2,156 Views)

@yummypasta12

Oh that's disappointing Frown

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is to completely uninstall Origin, again making sure to get rid of the residual files, then download the new update again from EA Zoe's link and see if that makes a difference.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 143 of 274 (2,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

thats exactly what i did!! gah, i think i might bootcamp it, when i was younger every birthday i saved up to buy the expansions and i have all of the sims 3 ones! its so annoying i now cant use them  Frown  and i know that works from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyM1xSi6u-k he bootcamped it and it works fine, and has all the same specs as me Standard smile @Bluebellflora 

Message 144 of 274 (2,141 Views)

@yummypasta12

Your Mac is one of the really problematic ones which I think is down to it's Broadwell processor. The 15" don't seem to suffer so much and they have Haswell processors. So whilst this issue is primarily about graphics cards, mainly Intel Iris and Intel HD 6xxx, the CPUs also seem to be an issue.

Boot Camping is always an option, the game does run so much better in Windows. Have you checked that your Intel graphics are supported? You don't want to go to all that trouble and then find it's still unplayable Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 145 of 274 (2,131 Views)

Re: Game Process Could Not be Loaded

@federuiz22

I've moved your post to this thread specifically related to your issue. Please read the opening post AND the solution which is the second post in the thread. Try the solution first which involves updating Origin using the posted link.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 146 of 274 (815 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I patched up to 1.67 and it worked! Thank you!

Happy Simming,

Federuiz22

Message 147 of 274 (807 Views)

★★ Novice
So I uninstalled origin then redownloaded it from the link you gave me and all I have under my games now is the sims 3... I had the expansion pack, seasons, and university maybe a few others and nothing is in my games besides the sims 3. When I un installed origin it didn't delete my games did it? Where can I find them?
Message 148 of 274 (792 Views)

@Saige95

Are they not showing up when you hover your cursor over the base game and press i?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 149 of 274 (781 Views)

Re: Glitching, Crashing, and Performance Issues - The Sims 3

★ Novice

Hi!

So when I went to install the super patch, it seems that I already have the 1.67.2 regional code that it was trying to upgrade me to. I took the sims 3 folder so I only had BG and EPs installed, but the game still did the same as before. Any suggestions?

Message 150 of 274 (771 Views)