Re: [Mac] Issues playing on newer (post 2013) Macs

by internetdog2004

Original Post

My Sims 3 Game Won't Open[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just got a BRAND NEW imac for christmas and all I wanted to do was play sims 3. I installed it and all the expansion packs, but then when I go to the launcher, I hit play and it disappears, being replace with a small blue screen with a green plumbob in it, and it quickly disappears! I have looked up the problem on here and on google, and nothing seems to be working. Can someone, anyone, please help me!

@bookishlysimsy I have moved your post to the stickied Mac thread specifically related to post-2013 Macs. Please read the opening post and try the workaround (the game is not compatible on your Mac). If your iMac is not listed perhaps you could list your full specs. here? This may help come up with the relevant lines to add to the GraphicsCard and GraphicsRules.sgr file which in turn will help others Standard smile - BluebellFlora

Message 61 of 274 (2,797 Views)

★ Novice

I have a mid 2015 Macbook Pro 11,5 with AMD Radeon R9 M370X. I purchased the Sims 3 base game which came in a pack with a stuff pack and expansion pack. I purchased another 6 expansion packs and one world pack also yesterday as this is when I purchased the computer. They are all downloaded and installed. I tried to go through the steps and changed the GraphicsCards.sgr file. I also went through and changed one of the Expansion Pack files but it still won't load. Everytime I go to load the game launcher it says there is an update, I go yes to complete this every time but it still keeps saying there is an update. Then when I try to load the game from the launcher I just get a notification that says 'The game process cannot be started'.

Please Help !!!

Message 62 of 274 (2,796 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Patch Download Unknown Error Occurred[Mac]

@coolcambo

Manually patching is the best way. Instructions here

However, the game is not compatible on your Mac due to the graphics card not being supported in the game. You may be able to play just the base game but adding in EPs makes the matter worse. For full details please read the stickied thread relating to post-2013 Macs at the top of this forum.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 63 of 274 (587 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Patch Download Unknown Error Occurred[Mac]

★ Novice

Hi

I managed to do a clean uninstall and install via your(?) instructions. Deleting all the Sims stuff from Library and then installing The Sims 3. I have managed to install EPs. The graphics play up a bit, as well as not being able to see the complete graphics options when changing them in-game...According to MacGameStore I had a compatible Graphics Card...Intel HD Graphics 6000...

Message 64 of 274 (585 Views)

Re: **THE SIMS 3** // **MACBOOK 2015****PLEASE READ**

@lyynze

The problem is your laptop as the game is not compatible on newer Macs because the graphics card is not supported. Please read the stickied thread on this forum specifically related to post 2013 Macs - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/m-p/4935394#U4935394

Locking this thread but feel free to post in the above mentioned thread.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 65 of 274 (1,092 Views)

Sims 3 won't load on my macbook pro 13" (2015).

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Sims 3 won't load on my macbook pro 13" (2015). It is stuck on the loading screen (blue background, sims diamond with number 3). I have the High End Loft Pack and the Late Night Expansion Pack. Is Sims 3 incompatible with MacBooks? My friend has a Macbook Air and the same packs but it works for her?

@eleanorwright23 I have moved your post to the stickied thread relating to post-2013 Macs. Please read the opening post for further instructions - BluebellFlora

Message 66 of 274 (2,788 Views)

@rozalouise

Manually update the game then check the GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr files again.

This is no guaranteed fix. Perhaps you can get a refund from EA? For customer services go here - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 67 of 274 (2,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a 2015 macbook pro and it doesn't work for Sims but what you describe is not why it doesn't work for me. My Sims 3 installed perfectly and it loaded the game to the past the blue screen. The problem is that for some reason it says that it cannot find the Sims 3 disc? I have the disc connected into my Superdrive which is connected to macbook via USB. 

Message 68 of 274 (2,778 Views)

Sims 3[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a Macbook Air and used to use Sims 3 on an old computer. I tried to install Sims onto my mac, but the green diamond screen pops up and I can't get past there. 

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 69 of 274 (569 Views)

Re: Sims 3[Mac]

@carolinegraz

Is your Mac one of the ones listed in this stickied thread about post-2013 Macs?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Mac-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Macs/td-p/4935394

AHQSigImage.png
Message 70 of 274 (559 Views)