Re: Sims 3 Keeps Freezing/Crashing on my Mac!

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: I am losing my mind here[Mac]

[ Edited ]

@susanmarden

Glad it's kind of working! I think the problem maybe because your Mac isn't very powerful and TS3 is a resource hog. In the GraphicsRules.sgr file try changing the Medium to Low in the 'seti CardLevel $cardLevelMedium' line.

Rules

In response to your EP question, another user couldn't run Late Night, Ambitions and Island Paradise but could run all the others ok. They were on a different Mac to you but still one of the affected ones.

Well done for getting this far, so many don't and I think it's because they don't quite edit the files properly or miss out a step.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 274 (4,204 Views)

Sims 3 Keeps Freezing/Crashing on my Mac!

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I recently re-downloaded the Sims 3 from Origin onto my 6-month old Macbook Air. When I opened the game to play it the first time, it allowed me to play for about 30-45 minutes and then randomly crashed. Now everytime I try to play, it tells me that I already have a game running (see attachment) even though I don't. I've force quit the Sims launcher, and I've reset my laptop, but nothing works! Please help this is so frustrating!!!

Message 12 of 274 (4,192 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 3 Keeps Freezing/Crashing on my Mac!

@madzisadinosaur

I have merged your post with this thread. Please read the opening post for help.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 13 of 274 (4,185 Views)

[MAC] Sims 3 won't start!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I recently downloaded the sims 3 base game onto the computer and when I go to click on to play the game says that it cannot start the process when the game is running and to try again. I tried a how to that was on here and that didn't work either. Any ideas?

@layankeeta I am moving your post to the sticked help thread regarding newer Macs and the graphics card issue. Please follow the inks in the opening post and try the fix. BluebellFlora

Message 14 of 274 (4,155 Views)

Re: [Mac] Game stuck on blue start screen with plumbob

★★★ Newbie

I have the early 2015 13" Macbook pro. I can't get past the launch screen still, it gives me the error "Cannot start the process when the game is running. Please quit the game and try again” like everyone else. I've force quit, I've gone to Activity Monitor and quit, I've done the workaround for the graphics card, but it still gives me the same error every time. Is there any other way to fix this? Am I missing something I'm supposed to quit in Activity Monitor?

Message 15 of 274 (4,139 Views)

Re: [MAC] Sims 3 won't start!

★ Novice

layankeeta wrote:

I recently downloaded the sims 3 base game onto the computer and when I go to click on to play the game says that it cannot start the process when the game is running and to try again. I tried a how to that was on here and that didn't work either. Any ideas?

@layankeeta I am moving your post to the sticked help thread regarding newer Macs and the graphics card issue. Please follow the inks in the opening post and try the fix. BluebellFlora

@Bluebellflora Thank you, if this still doesn't work am I probably just doing something wrong or is there a slight possibility that it won't either? What if I just purchase a download could that work?

Message 16 of 274 (4,134 Views)

Re: [MAC] Sims 3 won't start!

[ Edited ]

@therorysong @layankeeta

There isn't any other fix apart from this one unfortunately. Purchasing a new download makes no difference, it's your Mac's graphics that aren't supported in the game.

In Activity Monitor look for anything with Sims 3, Transgaming or Cider in the name and go down the whole list.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 17 of 274 (4,126 Views)

Just downloaded Sims 3 and it won't launch[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought Sims 3, and have only been able to open it once - briefly - before it quit unexpectedly. When I try to open it in the launcher, it rather just quits itself or when I get to the opening menu and select 'play', it tells me I have to first quit my current game (when there is no game in the background).

I'm on a new Macbook Air. I've uninstalled/re-installed, force quit and restarted my computer many times. Any ideas? Thanks

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

@sarchat I'm moving your post to the stickied thread related to newer Macs. Please read the opening post and follow the links for a potential fix.

Message 18 of 274 (4,130 Views)

Can't launch sims 3 mac through origin

★★★ Novice

So whenever I try to launch the sims 3 on my mac, the icon comes onto the desktop for a few seconds and then an error message comes up saying 'unknown error occurred'. I click ok (there's nothing else to click) and it disappears. This happens every time and the launcher has not appear since I installed it. Before this, I had installed it before with lots of other problems coming up.

Message 19 of 274 (3,138 Views)

Re: Can't launch sims 3 mac through origin

@linda_clacy

Open Documents > Electronic Arts, move your Sims 3 folder out onto your desktop and try loading the game again. Can you also launch the game from the app in your Applications folder, not from Origin.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 20 of 274 (3,115 Views)