Re: sims 4

by Miamaimoomoo

Original Post

Re: sims 4 won't start

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thank you! Sorry to sound ignorant, but I just updated my mac and checked for any new updates using the system preferences, about this mac, and the app store and nothing shows up? Do I have to download something else?
Message 301 of 519 (816 Views)

Re: sims 4 won't start

@saddiie

You can probably only see Catalina in the App Store if your Mac can run it. If you don't want to update to Catalina here are the direct links:

High Sierra - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208969

Mojave - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210190

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 302 of 519 (803 Views)

Sims 4 Black Screen (Rainbow Wheel)

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've seen a lot of different but similar situations like mine but nothing suggested has worked for me so I thought I'd share my particular situation and seek help.

I recently updated Origins and downloaded the Sims 4 legacy pack. The issue started after I updated origins.

My issue Is that whenever I attempt to open (my unmodded) Sims 4 on my Mac (I5 - High Sierra up to date) my screen enlarges, but freezes entirely except the spinning rainbow cursor. No matter of time reolves this and my computer has to be restarted to become unfrozen. I also have no extension packs, just the base game.

Things I've tried:

- Restarting Origins and my computer

- Moving my sims 4 file to the desktop 

- Turning off in game Origins

- Setting Fullscreen to 0 rather than 1

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

- Clicking repair game in Origins

- Starting the game through the sims 4 application icon

I think I'm missing a few but I've been trying for a couple hours for 3 days and I'm just lost.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to resolve this. I've had the game for over a year and had no issues till now.

Thanks in advance!

Message 303 of 519 (794 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Black Screen (Rainbow Wheel)

@LolImAHorseMK2 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 304 of 519 (784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora wrote:

@LolImAHorseMK2 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

• Operating System - Sierra V.10.12.6
  • Mac model - iMac Retina 5k, 27 Inch late 2015
  • Processor - 3.2 GHz Intel i5
  • Memory - 8gb 1867 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics - AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048 MB
  • Attempting to play Legacy Edition
  • No Antivirus
  • I have tried to repair the game in origin
  • I have no CC/Mods
Message 305 of 519 (772 Views)

@LolImAHorseMK2

Thanks Standard smile

You are running Sierra (10.12.6), not High Sierra (10.13.6) and have an AMD GPU which is why your game is not working.

I've merged your thread into this one on the issue. Please update to High Sierra or later to get back into your game. You can do this through the Mac App Store if you want to update to Catalina (10.15.3) the current version. Or here are manual links to previous OSs:

High Sierra - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208969

Mojave - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210190

Also, your Mac supports Metal so you shouldn't have downloaded the Legacy Edition. When you upgrade your OS your Mac should launch the normal version. You can get rid of the Legacy Edition by completely uninstalling the game and installing only the normal version.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 306 of 519 (761 Views)

★★★ Novice

Many thanks for you trying to be helpful but the real issue here is that EA completely failed to inform users of OSX Sierra and High Sierra that these systems aren't supported anymore.
This is a severe issue and no one at EA talks about this.
I tried a chat just a few minutes ago and the Indian support teams seems to not have a clue that this issue exists.

Even worse is that the official system requirements on their web states that supported system goes back to OSX El Capitan.

This is obviously not true. But EA seems to think it's a too small issue to deal with.

Message 307 of 519 (689 Views)

sims 4

★★★ Novice

I've been playing The sims 4 for a long time now. Just recently I wanted to open it up again, and I also brought a new expansion pack (Dogs and Cats) The game has also been updated too. As soon as i try to open the game my laptop (mac book pro) completely just freezes and there's nothing I can do but reset my laptop over and over everytime I try to open the game. It's annoying me because I had just spent my money on it too. I tried everything from re-installing Origin, resetting all my expansion packs and mods.. It has been days and I still can't resolve the issue, is it even possible to get a refund? Someone please help me.

Message 308 of 519 (873 Views)

★ Guide
@Miamaimoomoo Would you be able to post the specs for your MacBook? Don't forget information like OS and the year your MacBook was released.
Message 309 of 519 (846 Views)

★★★ Novice
@AriaMad2 Macbookpro 16inch 2019 model .. masOS Sierra version 10.12.6
Message 310 of 519 (799 Views)