Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. It just 'loads, loads, loads' and now it won't play. This is ridiculous. 

Message 261 of 268 (3,475 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @tshs130 @yaykebab 

Can you try the instructions here?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 262 of 268 (3,427 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo No on all three counts for mac. for the second step, i didn't even have a .dmg file in there after trying the first step.
Message 263 of 268 (3,397 Views)

EA Sims Team

@yaykebab 

I see.

Have you tried repairing game?

Also, have you tried with an empty \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\ folder?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 264 of 268 (3,394 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo Tried repairing, tried reinstalling. tried to find .dmg file. tried deleting the entire ea folder and all folders inside. tried playing the game when reinserting mods, saved games, tray files, not a thing works.
Message 265 of 268 (3,388 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Origin just updated Sims... should I even bother trying? 

Message 266 of 268 (3,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora Yes, I had posted on another forum a month or so ago and we had gone over it, it just doesn't work on the new machine - there's nothing specific you could pinpoint and i've tried every fix. I have a 2020 iMac (game works fine still on my macbook pro, but obviously it would have been nice to play it on a big monitor). Tried the no sound, didn't fix anything, the game just loads and loads after I pick a household. Sometimes it just completely whites out the screen and won't load at all. Kinda disappointing to keep trying, so I give up Standard smile Going to play on my laptop and wait for EA to say we can actually play on our iMacs. Thanks for the help and all the responses!! Standard smile

Message 267 of 268 (3,172 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there everyone!

The latest patch should have resolved the crashing issue that some of you experienced after the 11/10 patch. So, I hope you're all Simming happily right now! Party hat

However, it looks like some of you have been having issues with an 'infinite' loading screen. Don't fret!

As @SimQARobo mentioned, this should be easy to resolve by repairing your game. If you're having trouble with this, you can post in this thread

I'll lock this thread for now since the initial issue has been fixed. Standard smile 

Thanks,
Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 268 of 268 (3,085 Views)