Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

by karaz01

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★ Novice

Hi again,

How do I re-enable the sound via Origin? Is the command "+sound", or something to that effect?

Message 251 of 268 (1,005 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★ Pro
@pr3c1ous_g3m Just remove the -nosound from the box and save again.
Message 252 of 268 (1,000 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Guys, try repairing your game. Finally i have managed to load my save file! I hope it wont crash anymore...

Message 253 of 268 (999 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@pr3c1ous_g3mno, you just remove the command and save it.

So I must've restarted my laptop, then I went back to origin and clicked the option to fix the game, it downloaded something again, managed to open it and it seems to be working (without sound) but of course I checked it for like 3 minutes.

EDIT: and the old issue comes back but after couple of minutes more than it used to

Message 254 of 268 (996 Views)

★ Apprentice

My game crashed so that it could update through Origin. Once the update was completed, I couldn’t get my game to start. It’s been Stuck on a loading screen for 15 minutes three separate times. Instead of resolving the issue, the patch made my game completely unplayable. 

Message 255 of 268 (951 Views)

Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

★★★★★ Novice

Don't do today's patch. Can't even get past the load screen now.

Message 256 of 268 (922 Views)

★ Pro
@JuliaChang93 Ok, so yes after repairing twice, I have got in to my saved game and working. No time left today to see if the crash is gone or not.
Message 257 of 268 (912 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Producto: Los Sims 4

Plataforma: Mac

¿En qué idioma estás jugando? Español

¿Con qué frecuencia ocurre el error? Cada vez (100%)

¿Cuál es su número de versión actual del juego? Actualizado hoy a 1.68.156.1220, y fue actualizado 11/nov también. 

¿Qué expansiones, paquetes de juegos y paquetes de cosas tienes? Universidad, Perros y Gatos, Urbanitas, Las Cuatro Estaciones, A Trabajar, Rumbo a la Fama y Quedamos. Packs de contenido: papá y mamá. Pack de accesorios: Glamour Vintage Pack, Noche de cine y Patio de Ensueño. 

Pasos: 

¿Cómo podemos encontrar el error nosotros mismos? Es imposible no encontrarlo, es obvio que funciona mal. Ahora ni consigo acceder a la casa. 

¿Qué pasa cuando el juego hace esto?

Ahora mismo no consigo entrar en la casa. Se queda en la pantalla de carga. Hace unos días, el juego iba lentísimo, los sims se quedaban parados mientras el tiempo seguía corriendo. No se podían trasladar objetos del inventario a la casa. No se podía pinchar en escape en modo construir para soltar el objeto. No aparecían los personajes como la Muerte o Papa Noel. 

Que esperas ver?

Quiero jugar igual que hace dos semanas o mejor pero es que no se puede jugar. Ahora directamente se queda cargando en la pantalla de antes de entrar en la casa y no avanza. 

¿Ha instalado alguna personalización con el juego, p. Ej. ¿Contenido personalizado o modificaciones? No.

¿Este problema apareció después de un parche o cambio específico que realizó en su sistema?

Solo he instalado la actualización que obligáis a instalar. Las dos. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac

What language are you playing in? Spanish

How often does the error occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current version number of the game? Updated today to 1.68.156.1220, and it was updated 11 / Nov too.

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have? University, Dogs and Cats, Urbanites, The Four Seasons, Get to Work, Go to Fame and Let's Meet. Content packs: mom and dad. Accessory Pack: Glamor Vintage Pack, Movie Night and Dream Patio.

Steps:

How can we find the error ourselves? It is impossible not to find it, it is obvious that it works wrong. Now I can't even get into the house.

What happens when the game does this?
Right now I can't get into the house. It stays on the loading screen. A few days ago, the game was very slow, the sims were stopped while the time kept running. Items from inventory could not be moved into the home. Unable to tap escape in build mode to drop the item. Characters like Death or Santa Claus did not appear.

What do you hope to see?
I want to play the same as two weeks ago or better, but I can't play. Now directly it stays loading on the screen before entering the house and doesn't advance.

Have you installed any customization with the game, p. Eg personalized content or modifications? No.

Did this problem appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
I have only installed the update that you force to install. Both.

Message 258 of 268 (913 Views)

★ Novice

My game is doing the same it was a few crashes with the first new update & now the new update from today it won’t even let me get passed the loading screen after i select my saved game. i just repaired my game and it works now so try that!! 

Message 259 of 268 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just updated mine today and nothing will load.  It will let you go to CAS, pick a season and then it just loads forever.

Message 260 of 268 (1,057 Views)