Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

by JuliaChang93

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★ Novice

Having the same issue! I'm having to save every 2-3 minutes to make sure I don't lose all my progress. Nothing in particular causes the crash, it happens at random. Super annoying and I won't buy anymore packs until the issue is resolved. 

Message 241 of 268 (932 Views)

★★ Novice

i just read an article they said for the time being turn the sound off in orgin until they fix the patch in the audio

Message 242 of 268 (928 Views)

★ Guide
@RJBlain I managed to play for like an hour without the game crashing! That is without sound of course.
Message 243 of 268 (917 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Turning the sound off actually made my game crash within 2 mins .... it was even worse to turn it off the new update clearly is what is wrong ... they better fix this by next week extremely annoying I just wanna play... your lucky the no sound is working for u and some others 

Message 244 of 268 (889 Views)

Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur?
Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have? I have every expansion, game pack, and stuff pack  except for the star wars one 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i tried no sound, and offline it still does the same thing please fix this 
What happens when the game does this?

My game freezes after 4 minutes into playing. But it will act like time is still going by my sims move but time is frozen I can’t move between sims. And I can still click on other stuff but once I do it just adds to the crashing part. If I save it just keeps on saving and then my computer tells me the sims isn’t responding.
What do you expect to see?

I want to be able to play with the family I’ve been playing without trying to make sure that them all doing things at once isn’t going to crash the game. I really looked forward to this game.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? i did before the eco lifestyle game. But I had to remove all of them. So I don’t and haven’t had any in 6 months

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

it appeared after I downloaded the new expansion on top of the new update. I was building fine in the game but once I started to play the game it started to do this. I want to say I’ve neverrrrr had this problem as long as I’ve had this sims 4 and my computer is completely up to date.

Message 245 of 268 (862 Views)

★ Novice

Just wanted to add that I am also experiencing this issue after the update on 11/10. No rhyme or reason. Crashes while I'm in build mode and when I'm in live mode. I see no pattern. Hope this gets fixed soon!!!

Message 246 of 268 (842 Views)

★ Apprentice

First of all II did not missed that. It appeared yesterday when I tried to fix it. 

Second of all, considering such a global issue and the community of the players that pays a lot for extension packs etc. I would expect more frequent updates about the resolution, especially that many people complain that the workaround doesn't work for them. Also, what's the ETA: next week? That would be enough last week, but this week they should at least tell us how is it going anf it changed or not.

Message 247 of 268 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@evayu2 The update has come! Let's check it out!

ps: fyi, ive been waiting for 15 minutes to load one of my save files (usually it is 1 min max). Honestly I dont think it is going to launch and i am freaking scared of damaging my beloved and most recent save file.

ps2: i quit the game. -_-

ps3: after repairing my game, i could load my save file; hope it works for you too! (Of course without crashes lol)

Message 248 of 268 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@JuliaChang93yeah noticed that, downloaded, still doesn't work for me even with the sound off.
Still the same issue - everything freezes besides the world, can't click on anything etc. Hope that some of the community members will share theirs workaround

EDIT: it also took much longer for me to load

Message 249 of 268 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@evayu2Yeah mine is not even loading up. I have waited about ten minutes.... ugh wtf it was at least working with the workaround. Now it is not working at all. Did they even test this?

EDIT: I repaired the game and left the no sound quick fix on and it is currently working.

Message 250 of 268 (767 Views)