Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

by evayu2

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★★★ Novice

So frustrating! To think how much money people have spent on this game, just to not be able to even play it on their brand new machines. So insane to me. 

Message 231 of 268 (688 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

How annoying! I was not reviewing the forum so at the beginning I thought that maybe some CC or mods caused this. The game was just quitting itself, usually with weird noise coming from my laptop. But no worries, I just started to save it every sims' day so I don't lose a lot of playing. Then, everything began to stop at 5:06 AM sims' time. From that point I couldn't click on anything. Now I can only bring camera to see my family but that's it. The world is still working as you can see the sun going up and down, the weather changing etc. But that's it. So I tried absolutely every possible solution that you could find including reinstallation of everything and at the end in the main menu I got notification that there is a global issue and link to this thread.

Tis issue has been firstly reported one or two days after new game was released and still there is no working workaround. Where are ANY comms to the public posted? How is the resolution going? Should we keep checking or you have ANY ETA?
This is just ridiculous as we pay a lot of money for game that was firstly released when it was not even ready (I mean that base game is awful and you need to buy several packs to be able to normally play and have fun with it). And then you buy another pack when it's released and you can play like for only one day. 

I don't mind waiting but I'd love to hear more updates about this issue for EA.

Message 232 of 268 (681 Views)

@evayu2

@SimGuruNick posted, you can see the link in the accepted solution on page 1 for visibility. This is a public forum as is the official games forum that Nick originally posted in, he also posted on Twitter. There are no hidden forums or requirements to register. EA also added a message at the main menu when you launch the game a few days ago saying they are aware of the crashing issues. Maybe you clicked it away without realising?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 233 of 268 (648 Views)

Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

@eyepatchespipes 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

There are some known issues with specific model Macs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 234 of 268 (643 Views)

@MCBK10 wrote:

So frustrating! To think how much money people have spent on this game, just to not be able to even play it on their brand new machines. So insane to me. 

Exactly. Brand new machines have hardware that may not yet be supported in the game files such as GPUs. They also may be running outdated OS versions and drivers from when it was factory installed and into the consumer's hand.

Is the -nosound workaround not working for you? Which Mac do you have?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 235 of 268 (638 Views)

@boothie_one

Did the -nosound workaround not work?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 236 of 268 (638 Views)

@christyeliz 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 237 of 268 (637 Views)

@gilmoreh36

Can you please post the graphics issues you are having in a separate thread.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 238 of 268 (636 Views)

★★ Novice

i’m having the same issue on my 11 Mac Pro. Game crashes as soon as i click build mode everytime! The game is unplayable.

Message 239 of 268 (592 Views)

@bryson000 

Are you sure it is this same issue? It doesn't sound like it but does sound like an issue from a while ago on certain model Macs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 240 of 268 (600 Views)