Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

by FelicityWishes13

Original Post

Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

★★★★★ Novice

Is anybody getting the freezing problem as soon as Winterfest is going on? I started a new Sim folder (also no sound) and could play without a problem for a couple of days. Now Winterfest just started and the freezing came back! That same thing happened with my original Sim folder. 

Message 221 of 268 (902 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur?It happened for the first time today

What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs except for luxury party, perfect patio, and journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk

What happens when the bug occurs? It immediately closes the game without saving.
What do you expect to see? I dont want anymore crashes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I used to have some but I took them out before updating the game and I dont currently have any.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I'm not sure

Message 222 of 268 (856 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★★★ Novice

ME TOO IM SO ANNOYED ! they need to fix this ASAP .. or does anyone know how to fix this ! It’s never crashed on me before this new update. That blue error screen is driving me nuts .. 

Message 223 of 268 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I noticed there is a bit weird situation with my game. i posted before that playing offline had worked for me but unfortunately it was not the case...

- For the first 5 days my game crashed 3-4 times each day / sometimes it was because of sound, sometimes everything froze and needed the game to be reopened again, sometimes just crashed suddenly, without any signal. The one thing in common was, yes, maybe for the first 1-1.5 hours the crashes always happened but after that; i could play my game for like 3-4 hours without a problem (i mean, i was playing smoothly until i decide to quit game :D) 

- The crucial thing is, i was just reopening my game after crashes, not shutting down my computer or else; just kept playing.

- So after those 5 days, i've decided never to shut my computer down in the night, im just closing the lid to leave it into sleep mode. The crashes have been reduced greatly, for 5 hours maybe just 1 time.

I do not know if it is something helpful for the dev-team; just trying my chance :/

I have no mods, no cc, and risking myself with playing sounds on LOL because some people also mentioned this workaround is not helpful for them + i cannot stand playing the game without audio Frown i am also playing on 2 different save files - sometimes i save my game to one, sometimes the other one; but the same household, same worlds etc.

Message 224 of 268 (815 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was reading that ! That if u turn off all sound on game options it won’t crash... but yeah no thanks I need sound lol! That’s no fun... but I hear the sims team knows of this on going issues as it’s happening to a lot of people so they should be fixing this asapppppp god I hope so lol 

Message 225 of 268 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I never have sound on to begin with so that 'work around' is redundant for me.

Message 226 of 268 (757 Views)

Re: Game freezes 10 minutes in...

★ Guide
@RJBlain My game just crashed after I played for about 10 minutes;( just froze and then crashed;( so frustrating. Hope they fix it soon. As everyone else here I was also super excited for the update. But as of right now the game seems unplayable.
Message 227 of 268 (708 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@FelicityWishes13  There is a HUGE technical difference between disabling the game from even *attempting* to play sound versus "I mute it/ignore it/do some stuff in game."

If you're crashing, test it. Because the game, when you do it in the settings, won't load the sound libraries at all, which eliminates a crash source.

@justyniaok1 Yep, the freezing and crashing sucks. Try -nosound and crippling graphics to low-medium and see if that works. If it does, then you can fiddle to see what does start breaking it. But the -nosound thing is something you can't really do much about until the game peeps fix it.

I have the -nosound bug right now; they've since fixed my graphics bug that was causing the complete freezes... thank ye holy sims gods.

Message 228 of 268 (703 Views)

★★ Novice

I am experiencing this as well. I have tried playing offline. It did not help. I am feeling very frustrated. 

Message 229 of 268 (754 Views)

★★ Novice

I was initially only having the freezing issue (sims moving but can't click etc.), but thought I'd try the -nosound workaround anyway... Well, about 7 minutes into playing (live mode) it crashed so hard that my laptop restarted. Wouldn't really call that an improvement, so bring on the patch, I guess?

Message 230 of 268 (713 Views)