Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

by ivyrose123197

Original Post

Sims Freezing

★★★★★ Newbie

I go to play Sims 4 with the new expansion and after about 2-5 mins of gameplay all my sims freeze. I can move the camera and build but I cannot select options on items or sims and my sims do not move, the time also stops. 

A couple days ago I went on live chat with someone from EA and they suggested I create a new sims 4 folder on my laptop and copy my old saves file into the new one. I did this and it worked for about 30 minutes, no issues. I sent my sims to a different location (they were at home) and then when they returned it happened again. 

The game is unplayable now, I go on to play it and within seconds it happens, it does not correct itself after a while and I have to force quit the application because it won't let me press exit game either. 

I have no mods or CC.

Message 201 of 268 (784 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★ Guide

Yes this happening for me too. I tried removing all mods, repairing the game, updating my drivers, turning off online features, and putting -nosound in. But I still crash during gameplay. I do not crash while in build mode or CAS or the main menu. Solely in game live mode only crashing. Its random too, sometimes it happens right away and others it happens after 1-2 hours of gameplay. I keep smashing that save button to keep my data. This is inexcusable and Maxis should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a broken patch that is affecting Simmers on all platforms. Especially right before a big DLC was being released. We needed the patch for the DLC, and now we cannot play the game nor the $40 expansion pack. Shame!

Message 202 of 268 (802 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★★ Novice

Im also on Mac. I updated my game and it worked for a bit. When I wanted to play again, it wouldn't open. Here's the crash text: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><report><version>2</version><sessionid>21e7cc153a7be4b15fb018f8</sessionid><type>crash</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2020-11-14 17:51:13</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.68.154.1220-1.200.000.475.Release</buildsignature><systemconfig></systemconfig><categoryid> 0x4f49</categoryid><stack> 0x4f49 0xdb0c19 0xf105ff 0x1f54fe 0x3661 0x350d 0x2bf9</stack><threads></threads><screenshot></screenshot><memdump></memdump><contextdata>Client Session Time: 24.39<br />Num Save Errors: 0<br />Num Load Errors: 0<br />Current Game State: 0xdd4141d5<br />Origin Version: 10,5,87,45080<br />Modded: False<br />SystemInfo: Mac OS X Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G14019) GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 macOS Metal driver 0.0.0.0<br />(baseaddr) 0x7fff67d61000,'libsystem_platform.dylib' 0x10aaad000,'The Sims 4' 0x10aaad000,'The Sims 4' 0x10aaad000,'The Sims 4' 0x7fff67d69000,'libsystem_pthread.dylib' 0x7fff67d69000,'libsystem_pthread.dylib' 0x7fff67d69000,'libsystem_pthread.dylib'(/baseaddr)</contextdata></report>

Message 203 of 268 (885 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★ Novice

Does it work now ? 

Message 204 of 268 (881 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

@John_Zonbi

Does disabling the audio in the command line in Origin not fix it for you? If not then you have another issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 205 of 268 (768 Views)

Hero
@rila87 Moved your post over to the mac thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 206 of 268 (744 Views)

★★ Novice
@kaileaforever I am having the same thing happening
Message 207 of 268 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, I am on a mac, and I initially experienced random crashes. Then it stopped, and now only freezes when moving in someone to my played household. 

This is what happens: the move household box pops up fine, I move the person I want, along with funds. The save blue check appears, I click through and then it all greys out, living me stuck with the dialogue box grey out. I have the option of clicking cancel, but nothing happens. I've attached what the frozen screen looks like. I usually just end up force quitting game. 

Message 208 of 268 (761 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes. I did play for 10 hours yesterday on a NEW game and without mods. No problem. And I used sound.

After I read a post saying that sound was the problem, I played my most populated and complicated build game WITH mods, but WITHOUT sound.  I crashed after about 5 hours--2 of those hours were spent placing gallery lots in my neighborhood and cas.fulledit changing my sims a bit, as well as clothing them in the new winter slope outfits.. Not bad. But I do miss sound. And I'm totally spoiled. I'm used to the Sims 4 that NEVER crashes. Wishing the Six am guys good luck with the patch's patch.

Message 209 of 268 (1,180 Views)

Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

★ Novice

So today the game decided to once I moved my sims to the new world. It would act like everything was good (I have no sound on fully) then it wouldn’t let me click to a new sim. And then would let me do everything else but once it was paused I couldn’t get it to unpause. Then it will continuously load and never stop. Forcing me to quit the game. I thought I would share what’s happening to me because maybe it will help contribute to the fix. But I can’t wait For the new patch because I want to be able to enjoy this amazing expansion pack and the new update 

Message 210 of 268 (1,111 Views)