MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)
Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
Normal (as far as I know?) 
No antivirus 
Yes
No Mods

Opened to save file, quit when I pressed play on a household. 

Message 191 of 268 (768 Views)

Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

★★★★ Novice
@sweettweetyb13 Update: After my second new game and doing all of the things suggested. I have been able to play for the last two hours without freezing or crashing. Hopefully, it stays this way.
Message 192 of 268 (742 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Update: I have been playing for 7 hours on ultra with extras, online is on.

Life is good. I have been playing for 7 hours.

(I got a half day off work today.)

But 7 hours!! without a crash!!

Message 193 of 268 (687 Views)

★★★ Novice
@RJBlain I just tried and mine's still crashing. What exactly did you do?
Message 194 of 268 (641 Views)

Re: Just updated Sims 4

★★★★ Novice

I tried the no sound workaround makes no difference game still crashes and the long line of text comes up saying it is being automatically sent to Apple

Message 195 of 268 (620 Views)

Re: Game freezes 10 minutes in...

★★★ Novice

this is exactly what happened to my game, each time i'd play it would run for longer then crash so i have to save it every two minutes. i am glad to hear its not just my game though, just a shame it can't be fixed any sooner Frown just installed new pack snowy escape and would like to play with it.

Message 196 of 268 (606 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, when will be fixed ?

Message 197 of 268 (568 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★ Apprentice

The no sound workaround is working for me, worth a shot guys!

Message 198 of 268 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@ohmygodfrey91 wrote:

I had a few crashes earlier in the day today, each about 30 minutes into build mode. This evening I installed snowy escape and I was maybe an hour or so into gameplay, I just finished snowboarding and went to relax in the hot springs. No error message but I had two odd beeping noises come from my computer, then the game quit unexpectedly. 

The audio workaround does work for me. I played for several hours last night, without crashing. I guess it’s worth noting that I have no cc/mods, and I’m on the latest MacOS (I updated to Big Sur yesterday thinking that might help.) 

With the workaround my game still had some issues with slow loading, and playing without audio is just not the same. It beats not playing though. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Message 199 of 268 (554 Views)

Re: Game freezes 10 minutes in...

★★★★★ Newbie

this happens to me too

Message 200 of 268 (783 Views)