Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

by sweettweetyb13

Original Post

Re: Game freezes 10 minutes in...

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformMacBook Pro 13'' 2020 - Catalina 10.15.7
Which language are you playing the game in? Italian
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?All EP expect for the newest, All Game Packs expect for Batuu, SPA day, Jungle Adventure and some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The game runs Smoothly until about 30 minutes in
What happens when the bug occurs? Then the game freezes and will not let me do anything (Spinning wheel of death) then it crush. Mostly happened while using the fast live mode, or with build mode while using the new platform tool.
What do you expect to see? I expect this to work as it was working before the update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After installing the newest patch

Message 171 of 268 (653 Views)

★★ Novice

Do we know what happens when they update to fix the issue after enabling no sound? Like will we have to go back in and enable sound again after the update or will that change automatically?

Also, do we need to do this workaround every time before playing or just once??

Thanks!

Message 172 of 268 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora OK so I tried a new Sim folder, no sound and played with two different households (1 sim and 8 sims) for around 1 hour each. I had no problems with the game crashing or freezing, although in my original game the freezing came after two human days of playing. The problem with sims not ageing up with the birthday cake persisted for one of the 5 sims of different ages I tried it with.
Message 173 of 268 (679 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★ Novice

My game just made a loud sound as well and then quit a few min later this had not happened before until now.

It is becoming completely unplayable 

Message 174 of 268 (660 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★★★ Newbie
@simmy2103 Are you playing offline without the new patch or with it?
Message 175 of 268 (653 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It appears the -nosound fix works on my computer. I was able to actually do something in the game without the game crashing.

I will play test later tonight, but the sims team rec to go into origin, game preferences, advanced doohickey, and typing -nosound in the box and hitting save before restarting the game has made it so I can actually progress in the game.

After work, I'll do a better test, but this is already a VAST improvement over before, where my game would crash within 30 seconds of gameplay.

Message 176 of 268 (645 Views)

@drbkwrm

Good point! I've updated my post and added that removing the command re-enables the sound Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 177 of 268 (628 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone heard from EA yet?

Message 178 of 268 (636 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes. I did try the audio workaround. It worked for about 20 minutes, (which is longer than it did before) but it eventually froze instead of crashed. It would not unfreeze so I had to force quit the application.

Message 179 of 268 (630 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@sweettweetyb13 I have that problem, too. Try running on low-medium settings with extras turned off. That's a different bug... that's been plaguing me for a LONG time. But it stopped freezing after I moved to low-medium default settings.

Message 180 of 268 (627 Views)