Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have this issue vanilla game no cc no mods ever

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? About 2 hours into gameplay 
What is your current game version number? most current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, parenthood, kids room stuff, celebration pack
What happens when the bug occurs? Just shuts down and crashes. No error code whatsoever. 
What do you expect to see? Just normal gameplay (family following normal routine in their house)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Since the November patch

Bear with me still figuring out how to add the game files

Message 151 of 268 (1,869 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

★★★★ Apprentice

Well, I can verify the preload of Snowy Escapes does not fix the crashing problem.

Frown

Message 152 of 268 (2,115 Views)

Re: Game freezes 10 minutes in...

★★★ Newbie
@RJBlain The same thing happened to me as well.
Message 153 of 268 (2,162 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I could not find a way to comment on this discussion. I'm having the same problem since the update. I was able to play a bit longer this evening but the game made a loud pop sound (New, did not happen yesterday) and then it closed. I have also noticed the game will not close while I'm on the main menu, the gallery, and create a sim. Only closes while I'm playing a household. I do not know how to get the problem report file, so I copied and paste it into a word document (attached). This is the most recent report. I have a MacBook Pro 2017 with macOS Catalina version 10.15.7. To my knowledge I have to mods or cc. And I have never experienced this or any other problems before this update.

Message 154 of 268 (2,154 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello all.

While the team is hard at work investigating these crashes, SimGuruNick posted some information here that may be helpful:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983645/crashing-with-the-november-10-update 

Thanks to everyone that has provided information and save files thus far.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 155 of 268 (2,144 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had a few crashes earlier in the day today, each about 30 minutes into build mode. This evening I installed snowy escape and I was maybe an hour or so into gameplay, I just finished snowboarding and went to relax in the hot springs. No error message but I had two odd beeping noises come from my computer, then the game quit unexpectedly. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 156 of 268 (2,113 Views)

[ Edited ]

Fixed in the 17.11.20 hot fix patch 1.68.156.1220

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 157 of 268 (66,619 Views)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? The game just closes by itself. No error message or anything.
What do you expect to see? Happened when i placed a platform or I tried to go on one. Maybe it is not related at all, but happened quite a few times when playing on a platform. Will try in a house without any platform.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No, just since the last update. 

Message 158 of 268 (2,080 Views)

Re: Game periodically freezes after November 2020 Update

Message 159 of 268 (1,756 Views)

Just updated Sims 4

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone I recently updated Sims 4 I just use content from the official game packs.  I started playing with a new Sim after the update and the game quit unexpectedly after I had designed a house and got my Sim up to the second step of its aspiration. This long line of stuff came up on the screen and it said it would automatically be sent to Apple ( I play on an apple mac). Is there something I can do to prevent this happening and is it serious? 

Message 160 of 268 (1,797 Views)