Betreff: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
What happens when the bug occurs? Just shuts down and crashes. No error code whatsoever. 
What do you expect to see? Just normal gameplay (family following normal routine in their house)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Since the November patch

Game crashes all the time after approx. 10-20 minutes of gameplay. No error code. Attached ConfigLog and last crash files (one from today and one from yesterday just after the patch was released (removed xlm)). 

Playing on MacBook Pro (10.15.7)

UPDATE: Game seems to be working in offline mode. Challenged the game by speeding up and triggering multiple functions at the same time and traveling. Game has not been lagging or crashing 3 times now and been stable for multiple hours. Not great. Far from ideal. But possibly a workaround to play offline until the issue is really fixed. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 21 of 268 (3,871 Views)

Re: Game Crashing after Installing Nov 10, 2020 update

@C_El_Lips

Thanks Standard smile You have two different category IDs so maybe different issues. Could you update Catalina to 10.15.7 and see if that helps. I don't think it will but would be good to check. Could you also disable Origin in-game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 22 of 268 (3,849 Views)
Highlighted

Betreff: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

@Artisticsandy

Please provide the information requested in the post here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-crashing-since-November-2020-upd...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 23 of 268 (3,841 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod relat

@simmy2103

Thanks Standard smile Could you also please disable Origin in-game and see if that helps. Please also make sure you have nothing else open on your Mac like a web browser, music, anything. Check for apps running in the background too such as Spotify, Google Drive, VPN etc.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 24 of 268 (3,836 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Hi and thanks for the tip. I just tried again with your proposed suggestions. Restarted the Mac even and disabled Origin In-Game. Unfortunately it just crashed again after around 5 minutes of gameplay. It ran perfectly smoothly before the patch. Not sure what else to do at this point rather than wait for a patch fix Standard smile
Message 25 of 268 (3,816 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hello, my game crashed 2 times and on the first one i traveled to UBrite Quad (in other words UBrite Commons). On the second one i traveled to local bar in Britechester. I have 5 crash reports despite of never experiencing crashes before but added all of them excluding the first line inside txt file.

Since i only can upload 3 files at once, check my next message for the rest lol Frown

Message 26 of 268 (3,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The rest: (No error messages popped up by the way)

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 27 of 268 (3,777 Views)

Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

★ Apprentice

Hier are the attachments

I try to upload the Lastcrash but it won't let me 

• What exactly were you doing in game when this happened?

Game Freezes after 10-20 Minutes. ( Im a Mac user and the non ending spinning Rainbow Wheel appears)

When I Try to change the resolution ore Game settings the game Crash instantly

• If there is an error message before the crash please take a screenshot and attach it.

No Error Message 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 28 of 268 (3,778 Views)

Re: Game Crashing post update on 11.10.20

★★★ Novice

my computer

Message 29 of 268 (3,714 Views)

★★★ Novice

Game crashed twice since last update. First time my sims were at home, one parent playing with the new toddler. Second time, I don't remember... think they were all going to bed.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 30 of 268 (3,750 Views)