Re: S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

by brunetttexo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 crashing since November 2020 update, NOT CC/Mod related

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I updated my game today with the new November 2020 update. It let me play for a little while (10-20) minutes before crashing. Nothing popped up on my screen and no error code either. The game just closed itself basically. I play on Mac. 

Edit - edited title to reflect issue since the 10 November patch, 1.68. (Bluebellflora)

Message 12 of 268 (75,992 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

Fixed in the 17.11.20 hot fix patch 1.68.156.1220

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 157 of 268 (66,625 Views)

All Replies

S4 Mac Platform Update *Crashing*

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A few of the game expansion and stuff packs but not all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes. Cursor just sits loading and loading.
What do you expect to see? I try to place a bed on the new platform and the game immediately freezes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was sooo excited for the new Platform Update because I couldn't wait to put a bed on a platform! Low and behold after updating, repairing, closing and reopening Sims 4 the game *continues* to completely freeze on my Mac every time I build a Platform and place a bed on it. Please tell me how to fix this, I am so disappointed.

Message 1 of 268 (75,759 Views)

Hero
@brunetttexo Moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting

Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 268 (75,755 Views)

Game freezes 10 minutes in...

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Magic relam, Eco Lifestyle, University, Strangerville, Dine out, Spooky, Cool kitchen, Holiday.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The game runs Smoothly until about 10 minutes in
What happens when the bug occurs? Then the game freezes and will not let me do anything (Spinning wheel of death) then I must force quit losing the work I previously did. Also the game will not resolve its self, I have to force quit the game.
What do you expect to see? I expect this to work smoothly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N/A

Message 3 of 268 (75,691 Views)

Re: Game freezes 10 minutes in...

Hero
@elizahf0412 Moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting

Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 268 (75,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Not sure if it is okay to reply to this thread but my game also crashed in a different way. Never happened before, i was playing in a university housing and traveled to UBrite Squad in order to participate in a debate showdown. The game suddenly shut itself down. No need to mention it happened after the latest update i think...

Message 5 of 268 (75,756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@JuliaChang93 yeah it is something with this new Nov 10 update that just came out. I'm so disappointed but i'm patiently waiting for a solution still
Message 6 of 268 (75,748 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict ok thanks!
Message 7 of 268 (75,748 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After I updated the game today, my game has crashed 4 times all about 10 minutes into gameplay. Just completely shuts down. I played for hours yesterday with no issues. I have removed any cc (just a handful of things) and tried repairing game.

Message 8 of 268 (75,702 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ditto. Game is unplayable. I played for 8 hours yesterday no problems. Patch started, game runs for 1-10 minutes before "The Sims4 has quit unexpectedly" problem starts up.

Hooray. (Please use your best sarcasm font here.)

Message 9 of 268 (75,691 Views)