[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 Mac missing/blank text or wrong language in-game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Mac missing/blank text or wrong language in-game

[ Edited ]

@JANEZIQING @lilalinah @CarmenBlueAngel @polarlilly @SwordOfLea @Helgesunde @5Cassiopeia @biancasims4prob and @1976102119761021 

Your posts have been merged into a new master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for potential workarounds.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 48 (625 Views)

Re: Empty bubbles

Hero
@cojomau I merged your post with the master thread on this. Please see first post for info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 48 (583 Views)

Re: [ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Im having crazy issues with my game: all the words are not popping up, and some of the words are showing in codes.

Ive tried repairing my game, re-installing my game, ive looked at all the forums and tried doing all the recommended things and it still doesnt work.

I have a few mods on my game [Admin - removed] and when i delete them from my mods folder, my game doesnt even open anymore... even after i re-installed my game. when I put the mods back in the mods folder, my game opens up again, but the word bubbles are still empty. Even the button to exit the game has no words listed! I can only close the game because i remember which buttons to click.

I recently was told by origin to update my game in order to play, i did, and thats when it all started i think. I also downloaded the cats and dogs expansion and when i opened the game it just felt impossible to play without words.

Whats happening? Please help me!! 

Im a mac user btw.

Thanks

Message 23 of 48 (586 Views)

Re: [ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

Hero
@hyvonnies I'm moving your post over to the mac thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 48 (562 Views)

sims 4 no interface text

★★ Novice

Please help, in Sims 4 each piece of text from interface is disappeared. It's not displayed neither in the menu, nor while actual game above the sim and in general. I downloaded many clothes modes, can it be the reason and should I delete them all, or what?? Would be happy to get an answer

Message 25 of 48 (571 Views)

Re: sims 4 no interface text

Community Manager

@Polli2106 

Assuming you are on PC, if you right click the game in Origin and then choose Repair, the text should be returned.

Let us know if this is the case or not, thanks.

barry.png
Message 26 of 48 (551 Views)

Re: sims 4 no interface text

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Unfortunately no. I forgot to mention that I'm on my Mac. What should I do then if I have Mac instead of PC?
Message 27 of 48 (549 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same issue when I updated my game. The only thing that made it work normal again was to set the language to English in my Origin account, after changing it things went back to normal. 

Hope it works for you as well. 

Message 28 of 48 (521 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 Mac missing/blank text or wrong language in-game

@Polli2106  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue in macOS.  Please try the suggestions in the first post on page one, and let us know whether any of them help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 48 (518 Views)

No language after new update

★★★ Newbie

After the new update, I can't see any language in the game. it is just a blank. 

For your information, language setting was in Korean

Have any idea on it? Thank you for your help in advance folks!

Message 30 of 48 (557 Views)