Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: who can help me, what happened to my sims4?

@Littleeveline

Moved your post into this thread on the issue. Please see the opening post on page 1 for workarounds.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 41 of 48 (761 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 Mac missing/blank text or wrong language in-game

@sannalaver  I've merged your posts with the master thread on this issue.  Please try the steps in the first post on page one, and let us know whether any of them help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 42 of 48 (860 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! I encountered the same problem. My game was in Chinese version and I used MacBook to play the game. Starting from the end of last month, my game was full of codes and numbers instead of words.

I tried to change the language to English in the game properties in Origin. The game did function well and I could see the words in English in the game.

Then, I tried to change the language back to Chinese by changing the game properties in Origin, I found out that the game was still in English but not Chinese.

I tried to remove Strings_ENG_US.package in The Sims 4> Contents>Data>Client and kept Chinese as the language chosen in the game properties but the game showed codes and no text again.

I also tried to change to other languages such as Japanese and French but the game also showed no word but codes. If there is Strings_ENG_US.package in the folder, the game was in English instead of the language I chose.

Besides, I tried to remove all my mods and reinstall Origin and the Sims 4 but the problem still exists. My Origin is in Chinese and it functions well.

Would you please help?

Thanks a lot!

Message 43 of 48 (829 Views)
Highlighted

@wendy99818

Merged your post into this Mac thread on the issue. Please see the opening post for suggestions.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 44 of 48 (804 Views)

Empty text bubbles on Mac - Followed instructions, but can´t open my game

★★★ Newbie

Hi.

So, suddenly the text bubbles in my game was empty or replaced by weird numbered codes.

I found this link:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

I play on MAC not, PC, so I followed the instructions for Mac:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place.
  4. Now open Origin, right click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click Repair Game

Now, I did this, whilst lice chatting with EA, who told me that this was the correct way to fix my specific problem. However, this made my game unplayable. When I clicked on "Repair Game", and tried to open the game, I got a note that said:
Unable to start:
Initialization error at start up.

Has this happened to anyone else? Now it´s impossible to even open my game, after following the instructions EA confirmed?? 
(And yes, I removed all the mods prior to this, hoping that alone would make my text bubbles appear normal again. Did not do it)
Really, really appreciate answers!!

Message 45 of 48 (776 Views)

Re: Empty text bubbles on Mac - Followed instructions, but can´t open my game

@christmcp

I've merged your post into this ongoing Mac one on the issue. There are a couple of other suggestions in the OP, please give them a go.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 46 of 48 (743 Views)

All text in game has been replaced with squares

★★★★ Novice

So, I have updated my game to the newest patch 01/21/21 and of course, when you open the game for the first time, mods are disabled. So when I come into the game, all the text in the game has been replaced with these square characters. This is absolutely weird and unlikely. Please help, this is so unusual.

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 8.50.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 8.51.58 PM.png

Message 47 of 48 (680 Views)

Re: All text in game has been replaced with squares

@Mooneonature

Have you repaired the game? Right click on it in your Origin games library and click repair game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 48 of 48 (657 Views)